Why you should adopt - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Why you should adopt

Awesome video. Can be slow to load but well worth it.

http://33mta3.knocktheopposition.net...tTimeOfDay.wmv

Last edited by CTChin; 01-23-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:43 PM

That is awesome Brenda. Thanks so much for sharing it. It never ceases to amaze me why people get rid of their pets.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Do you happen to know where it came from? I'd like to ask for permission to use it for something.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 01:04 PM

oh no this is heartbreaking! Only 1 in 3 pets will have a home that last their life time ......I don't understand why people would give up their pet either ....
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 07:04 PM

I run a rescue in Southern California.

Maple Blossoms Pet Rescues & Adoptions.

I founded it and I direct it. Throughout the years i have seen EVERYTHING from pets not matching their owners new home decor to dogs being lit on fire and cats thrown out the window of a moving vechile.

I no longer wonder why peple do the things they do but I do believe that each pet is sent to me to make a difference in a loving persons life.

A few of my dogs have gone on to become Search & Rescue Dogs, Service Dogs, and i even have a few pets other than dogs who visit nursing homes & childrens wards.

It gives me a good feeling when i am able to take a pet who has had a horrible life and put them into a forever home.

Heres a link to Petfinder if any one is looking for a great pet of any kind. They are run by the ASPCA and are just a great place with a ton of information.

-Tabitha

http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/CA820.html
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittney

Do you happen to know where it came from? I'd like to ask for permission to use it for something.
At the end of the video it has credits and I think it lists who made the video. Good luck

Thanks Tabitha for posting petfinders link. That site has been amazing help for rescuers and shelters all over the country.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 05:40 PM

I knew a guy who got a dog that "was for my bedroom", likened to a chair or picture to hang on the wall. I felt so badly for this dog. It was a little weinerdog and Had such a horrible name Alucard (Dracula backwards) ... sorry if thats your dogs name, but I hated it) this guy happened to be my boyfriends roommate. He was left in a crate for more than 15 hours a day. The owner worked nights and rarely was home to play with the poor puppy. When he was gone I snuck into his room and played with the dog and took it for walks. Finally after a month or two I convinced him to give up the dog ( I knew a woman who wanted one and I knew would take much better care of it than he had) So, atleast that ended up as someone giving up their dog for the better. I have since convinced him that he should never again buy a dog. What a stupid guy.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:56 PM

Hey Soccer 37- Way to go. I am sure that little dog is very gratefull to you!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:21 AM

OMGosh I cried so much watching that video. It just breaks my heart to think of all those animals being dumped, unloved, unwanted and having to suffer so much.

It also makes me even more happy that we adopted Loki from a shelter and that the shelters here are no kill shelters and they do all they can to find a good home for the animals they take in.

Thank you so much for sharing this video!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 02:28 PM

talk about tough to watch!! I have adopted many dogs over the last 9 years and I did it because they were days away from being put down. I would than find them good homes in my area. I think eveyone who walks into an animal shelter should have to watch this video before thay can even see the pets!!!!!!! Way to go to anyone who finds it in thier heart to adopt!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:51 PM

wow...thats really upsetting...unfortunety i paid for my dogs, but i do think people should first look in shealters like i did, and people REALLY need to think about a pet as a family member that u can't get rid of, they are a part of your everyday, they aren't just fun for the moment...i can't tell u how many of my friends give away animals because they got "sick of them." its horrible

Tags
animal shelter