wish us luck - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

wish us luck

As some of you may know, our older lab died this year a few months ago, and has left our 4 year old lab mix kind of lonely.

My mom takes him on a 1 hour run everyday, and spends about 4 hours every night with him playing but is still lonely looking.

She has decided she would get him another dog, and would like another lab. Cooper, the 4 year old) is slightly dog aggressive, but more over protective of us, so it's going to have to be just the right dog for him.

She was going to get him a puppy and wanted to get a girl, and name it gracie, or layla.

anyway, I volunteer at the shelter, and i was walking dogs to day, and come across this 2 year old black lab spade female dog, she's been there since the end of july! her family said they didn't have time for her. her name is LAYLA is it a sign???

I take her out to walk and took her into one of their pens, and she knows sit, lay down, shake, stay, and fetch she is very sweet, and a bit hyper but mostly from being in a kennel all day.

My mom is going to look at her on saturday or sunday, and bring cooper to introduce and see how it goes!

Wish us luck!!

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:22 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Good luck!! That sounds great, I hope you've found the right one!! xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

it sounds like its meant to be, what are the odds of her name being layla? too cool. i hope introductions go well. Tell cooper to behave himself!

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

oh i will, i'm hoping the shelter will introduce them and not my mom because my mom will be nervous and assume he will attack and he wont if she isn't all nervous i don't think

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Good luck! I agree that you should try introducing them when your mom is not there. I hope it works out, she sounds like a doll.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:29 PM

good luck!! I hope everything works out.