Wrinkled Cuties! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Wrinkled Cuties!

We have a client at work that breeds bulldogs...she sent me a pic of one of the ones we delivered awile back (C -section) Just had to share.... they are so cute! I love wrinkly little bullies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bulldog pup 1.jpg (13.8 KB, 87 views)

__Chipper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Angel13; 10-05-2003 at 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 08:35 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

oh my goodness! These are the cutest puppies ever I think! Bull Dogs are adorable little pups! Thanks for posting this pic.

And aren't all Bull Dog births done through C-Section these days because they've been bred to be so large that they no longer fit through the mothers birth canal without problems??

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
And aren't all Bull Dog births done through C-Section these days because they've been bred to be so large that they no longer fit through the mothers birth canal without problems??
Unfortunately, yes. It is a shame that breeders have done the things they have to this breed to satisfy what they think is a "perfect" bulldog. Originally, bulldogs didn't have such a wrinkly short snort....now, the bigger the "rope" over the snout the better for show quality (the rope is that big wrinkle over the nose) Sadly, this breeding has restricted the airway...nostrils and trachea of the dog, so it is at high risk of over heating and breathing problems. Also, a risk under anesthesia. They have so many problems besides that....the wrinkles,...another thing "bred" into them, get infected easy. Originally they didnt have so many big wrinkles. The puppies are usually too big to birth naturally. It's kind of a lose lose situation sometimes...they cant have them on thier own, and they are high risk under anesthesia.

I dont like what people have done to them as far as the over all health of the dog is concerned, but they are very cute, and very sweet!!!

__Chipper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

HaHa!! ......."short snort".....did you catch that!??...I really didnt mean to do that...I meant "short snout"...Ha! it fits though...they do "snort" a lot!

__Chipper

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 09:52 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

What a CUTIE!!!

~ Jodi ~

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

omg that is an absolutely adorable puppy.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 05:47 PM
Proud New Mommy

AWWW!!! ... I love bulldogs!! They are so cute..

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awww! He looks so sad, but he is a cutie!

Rhonda

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 01:07 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

THAT is one of the cutest pups I think I've ever seen!!

Stephanie

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Newborn Pup

I've always wanted a bully boy puppy... my husband bought me a ceramic one a few yrs back...the real thing is just too expensive not to mention how expensive thier health care can be... If I ever get one I want to call him "Stanley"... I'm saving that name for him.... maybe someday. I really love the squooshy faces... Audrey one of our rotties has a very squooshy face.... and she just loves it when we squoosh her...
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Too cute!!!

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Wanted: New Title

He/she is very adorable. Is it possible to get a bulldog that isn't bread that way? What I'm asking is if you can get one that doesn't have all of the problems. There lives just don't sound very fun.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Sam
Playful Pup

What a beautiful bupbup!

Sam

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

>>"Is it possible to get a bulldog that isn't bread that way? What I'm asking is if you can get one that doesn't have all of the problems."

Best advice would be to research not only the breed, but the breeders. The better the breeder, the better the overall quality and health of the dog will be. But, no, you cant get one that will not potentially have some of these problems.....unless you go for the american bulldog.....they arent as wrinkly, and their faces arent so smooshed.....they are also a bit taller....not so "squatty".....the american is where the english breed originated from in my understanding. (I may be wrong....could be the "old" english bulldog Im thinking about),.... anyway,They just kept taking "abnormalities" that they found appealing and breeding them into the dog until they came up with the english bulldog.....sadly, no one took into concideration the health of the breed in doing this. It is sad, and they do not live the best "quality" of life because of this. But , they are soooo cute, and thew sweetest things in the world!

__Chipper

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 07:08 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

This is a really informing thread. I never new those things about Bull dogs, but I know they're rising in popularity now.
I think the pup is really cute but I'd prefer him without the big nose wrinkle on top. When they get older don't a lot of the wrinkles go away?