Yellow Throwup - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Yellow Throwup

Hello,

I have a 6 month old Husky mix and sometimes she vomits yellow byle type throwup. Sometimes she does this once every day for 3-4 days straight and sometimes she does it once every other week. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

That was happening with my dog and it was a stomach virus or infection. I'm not 100% which. Had that while kennel cough. :\
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Adolescent Pup

i would call the vet or take her in to get tests done good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Does it go away by itself or is this something that I need to take her to the vet for? I talked to the vet before about this and he said that if she does it everyday for a week, I should then bring her in. She hasn't done it for a straight week.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Is she eating/drinking normally? Is she gaining/losing any weight? How's her activity level? Any chance she could get into things she isn't supposed to (i.e. trash, eating toys, etc.)?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

She eats and drinks normally. It's weird because sometimes she'll run up to me letting me know she's about to throwup. Sometimes she does it after she wakes up or while she's lying down. After she does it, she acts as if everything is normal. Meaning she doesn't act weird before or after the throwup session.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I would take the advice of your vet, and take her in if she continues to do it straight for a week, otherwise I wouldn't worry too much as long as she is eating/drinking and her activity level is normal. Our Sheltie/Husky mix does that also, and although she doesn't do it often she will go through her spurts of bringing up stomach bile, however she doesn't do it very often or for very long periods of time for us to be too concerned. I think it's because our Tabitha get's into something she shouldn't or plays a little too rough and tends to get an upset tummy.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

I have a yorkie/shihtzu mix who has done this for three years (that's how long we've had her) and her previous owners told us about it. The vet told us if she vomits vile on a steady basis to bring her in to run tests. It is very sporadic. It usually happens when she has an empty stomach. She doesn't eat when we are gone, my daughter in particular.

She knows when she's going to throw up and runs to the back door. Then she's fine and happy. One more thing, she gets really bad breath for a day or two after.

I've Been Frosted!

Tags
husky mix, kennel cough