You gotta love dogs! LOL - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Talking You gotta love dogs! LOL

Yesterday Mirra seemed depressed or not feeling well, just not acting like herself at all. I was a tad bit concerned but she was eating, drinking, pooping and peeing as normal.....but oh man, was she letting some nasty farts. I thought maybe she had an upset tummy.

Jeff works midnights this week and I'm on day shift, so, being the good doggy dad that he is he offered to come over and get Mirra in the morning so she wouldn't have to stay in her crate until my mom got home at 2. She could spend the day with him where he could keep an eye on her and take her to the vet if needed.

I go to his place after work to pick her up. She enthusiastically greets me at the door. I said "looks like someone is feeling better now!" Jeff says "Is she ever!" He then proceeds to tell me that they went for a drive and then went for a walk on the beach. Apparently she totally ignored every command he told her: heel, come, sit, leave it, ect. She even got mad and sat down and refused to move for 10 minutes. He tried to force her to keep walking and she refused until he turned toward the house where she proceeded to practically drag him all the way back. Ok, no biggie, she always ignores whatever he says to her, nothing new there!

Then when they got back to the house she got into the box of new garbage bags dragging every single one out into the living room and shredding them while he was outside grilling hamburgers for lunch. After that mess was picked up one of Jeff's friends stopped over for a visit. This friend likes to chew tobacco and obviously doesn't have a dog because he left the cup he was using for a spitoon on the table. Mirra knocked it over in one swift move of her muzzle.

After that mess was cleaned up the guys decided to hook up the new DVD player that Jeff's friend brought over. While the friend (Skip) was intently trying to figure out how to hook it up behind the TV, Jeff decided to step outside for a minute. With both guys occupied, Mirra decided this would be a perfect opportunity to investigate the new remote. She stole it out of the box and took it over to the couch to chew on it a bit. Jeff walks in the door just in time to see her chewing, goes to get it from her and she promptly vomits ALL OVER THE REMOTE!

Keep in mind that vomit, especially dog vomit, makes Jeff want to hurl. He considered throwing away the remote until he called the company and learned that a new remote would cost about $100. So, he toughed it out and he said it took a good 2 hours to clean the remote, pry it apart to get the puke out of the inside and to take frequent breaks so he wouldn't vomit on the remote himself.

You gotta love dogs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

What a drama queen!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

hehe, she showed him what being a dog was all about.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

lol poor Jeff go mirra. I cant stand vomit at all!!!!

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Adolescent Pup

Sounds like one heck of a day. Hope the poor thing is feeling better. Pretty fun that she picked the remote. I think my dh would flip if Jake threw up on that. Thanks for sharing the story.

Becky
Proud Mommy to Sammi and Leigh (my girls)

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

OMG! what a booger!

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

lol Now that's a day isn't it?! Dogs have a crazy way of doing things sometimes! hehe

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

She gave Jeff a run for his money! Rhonda, is she still farting?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 02:06 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Uhhh, dog farts are the worst. Well first there's Ben farts but dog fart follow in a close second.

And talk about EWWW with the remote!!! But hey, she had a fun day on her own terms by the sounds of it!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol to funny

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Now maybe if I tell my parents this story they won't think my dog is so crazy

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
Rhonda, is she still farting?
She ripped off a loud one at puppy class and I think the other people thought it was me cause they gave me some dirty looks!

Rhonda

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

Is her tummy any better yet? Bad gas is so horrible. Jake is still killing us. I think he doesn't like the heat. It seems to get worse when it heats up around here. And then of course the fans just circulate the stench LOL

Becky
Proud Mommy to Sammi and Leigh (my girls)

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Part of the Pack

That is so funny. Did he have to fish through the trash to get the remote after calling the tv company? I don't blame him though, I wouldn't want to use it or have to clean it either!!!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

My dogs have got awful gas at the minute.
I was asleep last night and one actualy woke me up and gave me tears in my eyes, I had to hide under the quilt for 5 minutes.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge