You read about it, yet seldom SEE it ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Unhappy You read about it, yet seldom SEE it ...

Well, take a look at this. It's the CAPS (Companion Animal Protection Society) report on a puppy mill breeder ... And it's all absolutely atrocious. (Look at the dead rat in the water bowl...)

Absolutely awful. It's one thing to read about it ... but it's another to actually SEE it ...

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Playful Pup

Angry

That is horrible! It breaks my heart to see dogs, or any animal treated like this! I've always wished that people who treat animals in this way could be punished to live in the same conditions!

"The Animals' Savior"
Copyright Jim Willis 1999

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied. I created You."
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'll never understand it.... never.

- Deb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

And if you read all the reports, the 'owners' of these dogs really don't SEE anything wrong with the way the animals are treated. The report stated a few times that the dogs were treated like livestock, but in all honesty, I know LIVESTOCK that is treated better than this. It really is atrocious ...

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 06:43 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Looking at that website, has upset and shocked me, to the point of me having a cry.. People who have these farms, should be treated the same way, locked up in cramp conditions with little food and water. What those poor dogs suffered is beyond belief.. Thanks for sharing, I just wish that these people could be stopped before they cause any more suffering to the animals...

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Adolescent Pup

That is so sad...it's horrible that humans can treat fellow living creatures this way..
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That's awful!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

it is terrible!!!!! Did they take the animals away? I could barely stand to look ata the pics, becasue I wanted to get a address and steal all the animals......I have rescued, pets, whom have be en tied to trees with no food or water...............and they were not in the condition of these dogs.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

That is disgusting....how on earth could anyone go there and purchase puppies from this man. I hope all the dogs got taken away from him (I didn't read the whole article). I can't say on here what I think of that family.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I didn't have the courage to view the photos but I have seen conditions of puppy mills on the tellie and it is disgusting.

Do you think there will ever come a day when people who abuse and neglect animals will get the justice they deserve? A small fine and a few days in jail does not constitute a harsh enough punishment in my opinion. People take advantage of animals because they know they can take advantage of them! I know human beings are a "higher life form" but animals are living, breathing, feeling, beings just like humans! What, just because they can't talk and are here to serve mankind humans can abuse that priviledge? Humans should be grateful we have animals in the world. This idiot who is breeding puppies in the mill views the dogs as nothing more than money making machines! It makes me sick!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I think it is so sad to see people that are so dumb to believe that keeping their animals in filth is a good thing. Those poor animals, imagine what they must've gone through their entire lives...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
That is disgusting....how on earth could anyone go there and purchase puppies from this man. I hope all the dogs got taken away from him (I didn't read the whole article). I can't say on here what I think of that family.
CAPS goes to these people and tries to rescue the dogs they can, and they always see if the owners will sell dogs to them since, LEGALLY, the owners aren't supposed to! In the articles, CAPS wrote about owners writing the dogs off as "dead" or given away for free, but in all the cases, this wasn't true. They recieved money for the animals each time.

Denise, I would like to think there will come a day when these people will get what they deserve. Though, honsetly, I think they deserve a Cujo-like setting. It's befitting to their cruelty.

Karma comes through, and one day I believe it WILL bite these people hard on their butts. Sooner would be better than later, but you know how time is ...

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Like they say what goes around comes around. And maybe if these people don't pay while on this earth for their treatment of animals, perhaps when they meet their maker it will be a different story.

Tags
puppy mill, puppy mills, water bowl