YOUR Breed? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

YOUR Breed?

Just wondering what is everyone's breed? I mean as in ideal breed?And why?

Mine is the greyhound.I fell in love with the breed years ago when I was maybe 15 and learning the different breeds.I then learned about the plight of the racing greyhound.About 5 yrs ago I got involved with the local greyhound rescue.There I met Patt (along with many other greyt people),we became greyt friends!She had 3hounds,Eli,Chelsea and Darcy.I went down everyday to take care of the dogs and I took them everywhere I went!I became co-owner of them.It was greyt and I loved it!They were my babies and came everywhere.Well Eli and Chelsea had to be euthanized due to dreadful bone cancer.Eli was only 8 and my girl,Chelsea was 10.I still went down to take my boy,Darcy out and spend time with him and Patt.Even when I was pregnant,I went everyday and even took him out in rain,as Patt couldn't due to health problems.Once I had my daughter (who I made Patt the grandmother of),things changed and I could only take care of him sometimes and could only visit sometimes...it was sad.Then only a few months ago,Patt was lost to cancer... And poor Darcy is now with the representive for the NL branch of GPAC...I want him so bad,but she has fell in love with him too.I should of signed adoption papers,since I had co-ownership of him.I still get to see him and I love it,I just wish it was old times...or he was living with me.

I started rambling...sorry! lol...but anyway I know the greyhound is my ideal breed from working with them and having part ownership.They have all of the qualities I want in a dog/companion.

I love beagles too...but the breed I will own once I move is the greyhound.I will still foster beagles,but the greyhound holds a special place in my heart!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Mel

Great Danes! All the way. I have one, planning on another in 4 or 5 mos. I will show my second, and possibly breed somewhere down the line. I just love the breed. My aunt bred Great Danes when I was growing up, and there's just something about a 150 lb dog who thinks he's a lapdog. They're such sweet great big babies!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Great Danes! All the way. I have one, planning on another in 4 or 5 mos. I will show my second, and possibly breed somewhere down the line. I just love the breed. My aunt bred Great Danes when I was growing up, and there's just something about a 150 lb dog who thinks he's a lapdog. They're such sweet great big babies!
Couldn't have said it better I've had two (currently have one, one passed away several years ago) and they're just the greatest dogs. I have to hesitate because I almost say "greatest little dogs." Obviously they aren't little by any means but I think they missed that memo because every Dane I've met seems completely oblivious to their size. My Dane tries to sit on me all the time. She's seriously the sweetest dog ever and everyone falls in love with her. I just really love Great Danes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Adolescent Pup

My boyfriend really likes Australian Cattle dogs. I like dobermans.

There is no one TRUE way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:54 AM

I like Rat Terriers, Beagles, and Pugs- well those are ones I have or would like to have. I also love bloodhounds, Neopolitan Mastiffs and Briards- those are dig dogs I would like to have but have no room for LOL
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:20 AM

Of course, my Favorite is Maltese-Poodle cross. My Elvis Lee is a Maltipoo. He is smart, funny, adorable, loving & the best companion ever. My family & I do not have an allergic reaction to him.

I love all dogs but especially little ones & giant ones. Besides Maltipoos, I like most poodle mixes, I love Yorkies, JRTs, Maltese, MinPins, Manchester Terriers, tiny Boston Terriers and Poms. Big big dogs I like are English Mastiff, Great Danes & Great Pyreneese. I also like Dobies & Rotties.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:56 AM

We just got my ideal breed: collie. I still adore corgis, but most of the time I wish Ein was more cuddly and less independent and grumpy. I think I will always have a collie and a corgi.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyChantelle
Couldn't have said it better I've had two (currently have one, one passed away several years ago) and they're just the greatest dogs. I have to hesitate because I almost say "greatest little dogs." Obviously they aren't little by any means but I think they missed that memo because every Dane I've met seems completely oblivious to their size. My Dane tries to sit on me all the time. She's seriously the sweetest dog ever and everyone falls in love with her. I just really love Great Danes
Oh no! You mean Stella won't figure out that she's gotten bigger than she was at 3 wks? She's having trouble understanding why my lap has shrunk! Of course, she's still afraid of medium sized dogs...dogs smaller than she is now! (At 4.5 mos & 50+lbs)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:08 AM

A good friend of mine had Boxers when we were growing up and I was particularly fond of them. However, I will always be a mutt girl at heart .
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Guarded by Waffles

I like mutts. That is all I have had, but German Shepherds are great dogs too. I had one when I was younger and she was a sweet heart. I have a mix Pit Bull and she is great too. Okay so I haven't had all mutts but the mutts I have had have been great dogs.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Oh no! You mean Stella won't figure out that she's gotten bigger than she was at 3 wks? She's having trouble understanding why my lap has shrunk! Of course, she's still afraid of medium sized dogs...dogs smaller than she is now! (At 4.5 mos & 50+lbs)
Haha, my dog never grew out of the "but I'm just a puppy, why can't I sit on your lap?" phase. She's also afraid of dogs smaller than her because she's been attacked by one. Here she is (a big, "tough" dog) and a really small dog came up and took a chunk out of her leg. All she did was slink back to me with her tail between her legs. Danes are really gentle giants (at least all the ones I've ever met).
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Yeah,the danes I have met were all sweet as well.I actually never heard of an agressive dane!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Dachshunds! They seem to be the opposite of the Great Dane - they think they are big dogs. My Frankie used to run with the big dogs in puppy class. It was funny b/c when we all started they seemed to be around the same size. When we left about a year later there were HUGE differences. But Frankie never noticed. I am sad that he is such a grumpy old man now with other dogs. He was the coolest puppy ever. Would run and play with Shepards and Rodesian (sp?) Ridgebacks.
He is smart too. I swear he understands every word I say. He was sp sharp in class. Listened very well. Not anymore. You have to practice all the time or they get lax. I could get him back up to speed in a short while though - they never forget they just get lazy.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:25 AM

You stole my Avatar DorkyChantelle!!!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

well I have no special breed, I love them all, I always fall for the mutts Puppers (austtalian shephard) is pretty perfect though lol...he plays all the time, goes where ever we go, loves camping and is amazing with kids...but for us any dog that fits in to the family is our perfect breed...I guess I need to study the breeds to see what would be my favorite lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
australian cattle dog, basset hound, boston terrier, cattle dog, elvis lee, german shepherd, german shepherds, jack russell, jack russell terrier, pit bull, rat terrier, shih tzu