Yummy Yummy Doggie ice cream! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Talking Yummy Yummy Doggie ice cream!

So now that summer is here I went out and stocked up of Frosty Paws and Dogsters - Ice cream for dogs. I never thought I would find it by me but low and behold (they also had Cool Claws for cats and yes I bought those too)

I opened a cup for each dog and let them lick it to see if they liked it. Their bodies went into a droopy relaxed stage, ears when back and the eyes go all squinty. Ah the look of heaven. Two thumbs up on the ice cream thing from the dogs. Any body else get these for their dogs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I would love to get some of those for the pups, I bet they'd love em! Where'd you get them?

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Miss New Booty

Ohhh Dena, I got those for the doggies, too!!! I got the Dogsters ones!!!! I actually started a thread on it awhile back, too! I was so excited about finding it! That reminds me, I need to give them some more of their's, they loved it! :tongue2:

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18051

I didn't even know there was such a thing! They have them for cats, too!!?? I didn't see those! Man, you have to know where to look to find them, atleast we did, they were so hidden! The only reason we knew is because a friend of Brad's told him about it, and where to look at Publix. I would've never seen them if I wasn't looking for them! How do you cats like them? Where did you get yours, Dena, the grocery store? Brandy, I get them here at our grocery store Publix. I wonder if they have them at Wal-mart or anything?

~* Jackie *~

Last edited by kittygurl823; 06-15-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I hope they have them at Wal-Mart, that would be so convinent!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Well in NJ we have Stop n' Shop and A&P. They had the Frosty Paws at both, but they had the Dogsters and Cool Claws at Stop n' Shop. Haven't checked Shoprite yet but they might have them too. The Cool Cats were a HUGE hit. It took them a long time to eat them but I can't believe they devoted their attention span to them. My dogs seem to like the Dogsters better (peanut butter flavored) but its hard to tell since they will eat pretty much anything.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Jackie, I didn't realize your post was so recent! I know someone mentioned it here but I thought it was last year or something. My goodness how time flies!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Miss New Booty

Wow, I have to find the Cool Claws now, Dena! You have sent me on a mission now! My cats are so picky, I wonder if they will eat it?!! What flavor does it say it is?!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

I think its just a vanilla flavor, let me check BRB........ well there was no flavor listed and there wasn't a flavor listed for the Frosty Paws either. I guess its a vanilla type flavor, it says it isn't harmful to humans but I'm not about to taste it! The Dogsters were peanut butter and cheese (oh yum) so they have more than one flavor.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Miss New Booty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena
it says it isn't harmful to humans but I'm not about to taste it!
Well why didn't you want to try it, Dena?! J/K!
Hmmm maybe it's vanilla then? I was wondering if the kitty one tasted like chicken or something?!
The Dogsters one we have is like Minte Kissably fresh or something. I did see the peanut butter one, too!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Wish they had the Minty ones here, my dogs need it! Peeyoooo! I just gave them a greenies the other day so hopefully that will help.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Miss New Booty

Hmm well I don't know if it really worked to freshen their breath, but... they liked it!
Off topic.. about the Greenies... do you find it really makes their breath better? And how often do you give them to your dogs? The lady (at the specialty dog/cat food store we go to) said like a few a week. I try to give them when I can, but I think Kahlua and Penny (dachshunds) just swallow them whole!? LOL! I just don't notice a difference, but maybe I'm not giving them enough a week?

~* Jackie *~

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

I definitely notice a difference and I don't give them that often either. First they are very expensive and second my one dog has been caught swallowing hers whole. I used to use the Jumbo size but that seemed to make her chew it faster and swallow big chunks, plus if the other one still had hers they become "trophies" and its the only thing that will cause them to snap at each other. I refuse to have a dog fight between two 65lb pits over a greenie! So I switched them to, I think, the medium size ones and my one chews hers and they are gone quicker. But after that ramble to answer your question yes they definitely help to freshen breath.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Miss New Booty

Thanks Dena! Yes they are pricey! I think the package says one a day! LOL! Since my dogs are small, I give them the petite ones. It says up to 20lbs. The lady I talked to had said I could maybe give a size up (to small) for Penny and Kahlua since they eat them so fast, but I don't know. They are only 8 and 12 lbs. What do you think, Dena?

~* Jackie *~

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

I think that might work for them, as long as you don't see them fighting over them. The ones I give my dog are well below the size suggested for their weight but I think it really depends on each dog.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 10:01 PM

I got some frosty paws stuff for Sandy once but he didn't seem too excited about it

He's a really picky eater... little bugger.

Tags
cat food, dog bed