Advice... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Advice...

Ok, so as most of you know, I have just found out the cause of my severe back kinks, cracks, and pain. Since then I have been unbearably afraid of helping my spinal juices leak by over bearing my back weight which will cause a bump or something else that will require surgery to fix. Anyways, my wicked turtles filter (Fluval 405) stopped working and while I wait for the spare part which Im hoping will fix it, I have been using a small fish filter which really does nothing for a 2 turtle tank except create water flow. SO, I have been doing regular and much more frequent water changes..
Enough rambling, my predicament:
Im seriously thinking about re-homing my 2 sweet boys.
I had Jabori for almost 11 years and Stumpy Ive had for about 3-4 years now. I love them to bits but with my pain and suffering Im afraid the quality of care will diminish and I really dont want to keep them in a bad unsuitable home with me just because Ive had them for a long time. I understand there are alot of unwanted turtles and because of this I have vowed to forever love and cherish my 2..I received both from people who no longer cared. It breaks my heart and I dont know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I am allergic to maths

Awww, im sorry your in this predicament. Are you going to be getting any other medication if you dont want to go through with the treatment? If you are maybe you could find a suitable FOSTER home until your feeling better. Maybe even a friend could help you take care of them for a while? I know you dont want to give up your beloved turtles and no-one wants you to but none of us want to see you work yourself to death either.
If you do you wont be like the people you got them from because you do care and thats the reason you rehomed them. This is going to be your decision. Awww hope your ok! *hugs* If you really dont want to go through the treatment and arent being put on other medication/ treatment it will be really hard for
you to keep up with the amount of care they need. What ever decision you make I will stand behind you 100%, and if you do give them up maybe you could visit them? *BIG HUGS!*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

You could check different hospitals or libraries, often times they like having critters in waiting rooms and libraries and things where people take care of them and you could work out a foster care thing if need be, or a adopted home, where it is public and you can visit.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Thanks guys!
Currently there is no treatment other than taking it easy on my back. This includes wearing a not too flattering back brace which I wear when cleaning bunny room. And pain meds. My doctor said there's no need yet to worry about treatment persay, until the spinal fluids leak out of the little opening thats there. It's mostly preventative now.
I would like nothing more to see my my turtles and see that they are in a good home if they do go. I would make sure the owner will keep them and care for them. Theres a pet store oin the mall who took in 3 unwanted turtles but no way will I let my 2 crowd it. I can check around for other public ones, maybe the university greenhouse or something. I like that idea. If no one is able or fits my unrealistic demands I'll foster them until a forever home is found through the small animal rescue.
Really appreciate your help and support Thanks
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Hello Earthling

I think for the sake of your back and quality of life it might be best to re-home them.

Like the other posters said maybe a dentist office or other similar place would like them. Or you could check with gardens, schools, museums etc... some hotels I've been to have turtle ponds in the pool area and in the lobby (nice BIG ponds too)

Keep up updated.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Will do, CC, Thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 03:16 PM
RAT ADDICT

The small animal rescue could probably help...have you talked to Anne Marie?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 03:17 PM
RAT ADDICT

I would take them...but you know I only want ONE.
I already maintain three large aquariums,so I don't really want to add a fourth...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
pain, rehome, turtles