is the box turtle sick? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

is the box turtle sick?

My mom got burned and is in the hospital so I took in her baby box turtles that hatched in aug. I got a bok adn did everything she told em to do. The turtles seem ok but I noticed that one of them has tiny bumps all over it's skin. Irtr was not there the last two months. The bumps are under his head neck and on the insides of the leg. They do not looks like scales. WHat could this be? I have been soaking them every day for about 5 to ten minutes after putting them outside for a few hours. And I give them a variety of foods every otehr day such as box turtlle food, apples, collard greens, pears, carrots, worms, etc. I have them in a dirt/calicum sand mix substrate. Sorry I do not have a pic at the moment my camera is with myhusband

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

What kind of set-up do you have? Temperatures, UVB, humidity, etc.

Actually, what kind of box turtles are they?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

i am unsure of the breed. I will ask my mom. She is home now and will take a look at them and see if she knows what it is. The humidity/tempature reader broke so I am unsure of what it is at this exact moment but I am going to get a new one at the petstore tomorrow. I'm sorry I don't have more information right now. This was kinda unexpected. But I am working on learning as much as possible if anyone has url links I'd love to read them

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna

Tags
turles