Moto's photos! (My RES) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Moto's photos! (My RES)

This is my RES. His name is Moto. I got him in begining of 2005. He was really little. He lived in a 10g tank with 2 or 3 (cant remember but I think it was 2) other RES's that were atleast twice the size of him. There was no light on them, the water was ice cold, and he never got any food because of the bigger guys. The water was never changed either. They lived in a garage. It was awful. So, I found a cup, scooped him out, told the owner I'm taking him and to find homes for the other two, and got in the car to go home. (Later that week, I found out that the other two had been given away to better homes )

This was moto the first week I had him. He became A LOT more active and ate like mad almost right away. Cute lil bugger, ain't he.

Here's about 5 months into having him

When I first got him, he FIT into that thing... it's what i usd to put his food in, which is why he' sitting up there.. he's waiting for grub.

Mid 2006

newer pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aw thanks for rescuing him! he is cute

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

I miss him as a little guy! Now all he does is do the mating dance to his reflection and eat.. but, I still love 'em all the same.. even if he is the size of a small horse now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

look at those claws! He sure looks much happier now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

like i said, I miss him as a little guy... he had no claws to scratch me with when he didn't want to be taken out of his pool in the summer! Somehow, he always manages to get me good with one of them. he needs a manicure!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 11:53 AM

Awwe, he is so adorable! I have been toying with the idea of getting a turtle, but I have such a zoo now. I really want one for my ponds in the summer, but I have yet to decide where he would reside in the winter months! LOL. When I decide that, I will get one. And, I have to make a little fence around my ponds so he won't take off! I get awefully attached to my pets! Wouldn't want him to go anywhere. I have to compliment you on your photography! You are awesome. What camera do you use? Have you been taking pictures long? All of your pictures are so vivid and clear and, well, just down right beautiful! Can you give me any tips?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 AM
RAT ADDICT

What a cutie! Look at the size difference!
I used to have turtles.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Betta Bomb

AWWW, he's adorable and so colorful! i love turties.amazing photographic skills too. Mzkity, you can slowly train-right word-? a turtle by slowly intoducing them to the cold and have them hibernate in the winter....or in the winter he could live indoors and in the spring put him outside?

id love to make a pond for my turties but i already had them out in the summer and my insane neighbors came over peering into my yard and told mom there were prowling kitties.. so i took them in. creepy, very creepy.

Back on topic,very impressive turt pics..i never had mine as babies but am in love with the color of them as babies
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Hello Earthling

He has a funny face I LIKE it. I like him.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
Awwe, he is so adorable! I have been toying with the idea of getting a turtle, but I have such a zoo now. I really want one for my ponds in the summer, but I have yet to decide where he would reside in the winter months! LOL. When I decide that, I will get one. And, I have to make a little fence around my ponds so he won't take off! I get awefully attached to my pets! Wouldn't want him to go anywhere. I have to compliment you on your photography! You are awesome. What camera do you use? Have you been taking pictures long? All of your pictures are so vivid and clear and, well, just down right beautiful! Can you give me any tips?

For as long as I can remember, I've had a camera in my hand. My dad was really into it growing up, and I guess I just followed him straight off the bat.

A good portion of the older pictures are taken with an Olympus SP350. It's a really nice 8mp camera. Semi pro, but also, pretty cheap (I got mine for under 200$) I love that little point and shoot bugger. The newer pics are taken with a Cannon Digital Rebel XTi. My dad gave it to me as I've been wanting one more then life itself for the past 3 years and was having a horrible time affording it.

I dunno, mostly I just point and shoot (with tweaking to the aperture and what not first of course.). I wait till I think it'd be a good picture and then take it. I make use of the tank lights and any lights around to make sure it's not too dark. I also use Macro like it's my job for the close up shots. I spot focus on their faces, or part of them I want to be clear. and I feel if you get down to their level, the picture is more personal... They're not looking up, so it feels like a better shot.. more in their world then just looking into their world. If your camera has a manual setting, where you can pick your own ISO and Saturation and Centering or anything, play with it... you'll get a feel for it after awhile. Try pictures off the standard settings that come with the camera.. and if you don't have that, try setting it to portrait for face shots, and focusing on their face, and if you want more vivid greens and reds, try landscape. It's geared more for those colors.

but yeah, just play around with the camera. Try different settings until you find one that works!

In a bright area, change your ISO to a lower number. You'll take pictures faster, and when possible, don't use a flash. I reckon it annoys the crap out of the animal and you get a more natural color without it.. Which is where the "more lighting" (such as their tank light) comes into play.

I had a 4mp camera, and just played with the settings and managed to get some really good pictures of ferrets! FERRETS! they don't stand still for anything. Normally, they're just blurs.

Phew.

Anywho. That'd be really awful if you got a turt and he went missing. My friend had two, and one, Sal Manilla (cute right) went to her friends to turtle sit because she was moving and he was little and she didn't want to stress him with the move.. Her friend let him into her pond in the front yard, but didn't watch him, and my friend came back to Sal being gone. She was HEARTBROKEN. I put Moto outside, but never without me being around. I want to build him a pond cage, with a top on it.. so he can't get out, and nothing can get in.. but im still scared something will happen.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
What a cutie! Look at the size difference!
I used to have turtles.

Yeah, he's atleast 4 times the size now that he was as a little one. I kinda miss him that size!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
AWWW, he's adorable and so colorful! i love turties.amazing photographic skills too. Mzkity, you can slowly train-right word-? a turtle by slowly intoducing them to the cold and have them hibernate in the winter....or in the winter he could live indoors and in the spring put him outside?

id love to make a pond for my turties but i already had them out in the summer and my insane neighbors came over peering into my yard and told mom there were prowling kitties.. so i took them in. creepy, very creepy.

Back on topic,very impressive turt pics..i never had mine as babies but am in love with the color of them as babies
I'd be afraid of kitties trying to sneak off with Moto as well, but then again, he used to live in a house with 8 cats.. and he used to run into the cats.. full force headbutt them when they walked anywhere near his "area".

I loved his color as a baby. I wish he'd have stayed that color!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
He has a funny face I LIKE it. I like him.
I have this awesome picture of him looking right at the camera and it looks like he's smiling, but it came out all blurry, and that's poo! But, I kept it anyway because it makes me chuckle at how cute he can be sometimes.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Oh if only it weren't so blurry!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristastic View Post

Oh if only it weren't so blurry!
Hahahaha...cute!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *