Need help with my light - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
jon

Need help with my light

I took the white knob thingy out of my tortoises strip light adapter (it can be used to turn the light on) and now it will not go back in, it doesn't just easily pushin and turn as it should. please help as soon as pssible as the tortoises will be without a good source of light for a while as it will be a fairly long time before i will be able to go to a reptile store
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 01:10 PM

Can you call a hardware store? I am not familiar with the hardware you are referring to.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 01:16 PM

It's hard to say without knowing exactly what you are referring to and without being able to look at it personally but if you could carry it to any local home improvement store such as Home Depot or Lowes you may be able to show it to a floor worker who will either be able to fix it right away or point you to something that will.

There's also the option of online ordering if traveling is an issue or if it's financial you may be able to find a UVB bulb that will fit into another light fixture that you already have around the house....

Finally.... rather than "no light" consider taking the turtle out for some sun bathing time during the day... kiddie pools or rubber made tubs etc work great for that.... even a general walk around the yard is fine IF and ONLY IF you will NEVER even for a moment take your eyes off of the turtle and there are no larger animals that could hurt it...

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 01:17 PM

Hmmm ... Do you mean the part that the actual tube goes into? I still don't get why you would take that off ... I don't think it is meant to be taken off ...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
jon

its ok i fixed it now, when i tried to put it in again i bent a piece of plastic that supports the edge inwards, so it couldn't fit in properly( in case you dont know what i took out, i think it is some sort of resistor)