Poor little guy ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Poor little guy ...

One of my husband's clients gave us this turtle the other day ...

He was being fed a diet of bacon bits and bread crumbs because it "looks like turtle food".

As a result he isn't very healthy ... as you can see, his shell is starting to turn up at the sides.

He also has an upper respiratory infection (he's leaning to the side in the water and is unable to dive).

So, we've made a vet appt. for him and we just hope he'll pull through. He is still alert, which is a good thing. He was swimming around this morning (water temps at something like 92 degrees temporarily to see him through the sickness). He's in shallow water so he doesn't have to expend a lot of energy. He basks a lot though so we are touch and go with him.

If he makes it and clears quarantine period he will be up for adoption to a qualified individual. The owner also has two older YBS he's looking for homes for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 10:08 AM

That is so sad. I hope he pulls through. Bacon bits and bread crumbs? What were those people thinking?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 10:27 AM

Poor guy, Thank God they sent him your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. He's not looking so hot right now ...

Kind of got that glazed look in his eyes ... It's kind of the turtle-equivalent to running a fever. But, at least I know that I'm doing everything I can for him ...

With the condition he was in it's always been a long shot ... but here's hoping ...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I am thinking of this little guy!!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I hope he makes it through his illness! Poor little guy.

Rhonda

Tags
respiratory infection, upper respiratory infection