Post about your turtle! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Post about your turtle!

I've noticed a handful of members mention having a turtle (or more!) and yet most of the threads posted in this section are from people seeking advice about a new turtle. I know some of you have been keeping turtles for a while, so let's hear about them . I figured it'd be nice to get an update of who has what. And definitely post pictures if you can .

I just have one turtle named Koopa. He's a mud turtle and I don't think I've really posted about him (that might be a good thing because it means there's never been anything wrong with him!). He lives in a really long bin. It's not too deep which is fine because mud turtles actually prefer shallow water . They like to "bottom-walk" rather than swim. He eats a variety of live foods (mostly insects). I'm sure he'd eat pellets but I haven't felt the need to offer them and I think live foods are probably more fun anyways .

I'll try to get some new, better pictures soon.

So, what do you have?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I am allergic to maths

I am so jelous of turtle owners, they are beautiful creatures. Id love one but we dont have the room or the equipment
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Hello Earthling

He's ADORABLE!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Newborn Pup

aww cute hey yea i got a redeared slider her name is shelby i do have photos of her just got to print them and put them up she eat shrimp lettuce she loves live fish and plants
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 PM

I have what I think is a RES/YBS mix. His name is Funiculi, I've had him for almost 4 years now, I think. My niece will keep him once I leave.

He lives in a 55g tank, with an over the tank basking area and eats reptomin, fish, lettuce, whatever water plant I put in his tank, shrimp and blood worms... actually he eats whatever I put in his tank...

When I got him:

About a year ago:

Playing winth a pebble (yeah, he's weird):

The tank:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

He's really cute, thanks for sharing! I like his set-up, lots of room for him to swim .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 03:19 PM

new owner

i have three turtles ive had them for three months im pretty certain that the two larger are yellow bellied while the smaller im not sure, its shell markings are like red eared sliders but he lacks the red bands im thinking a mix of the two. anyway the smallest is a bully it likes to sneak up on the other two while there basking and push them in the water.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Junior Jouster

wow your turtles set up is awesome! I'm sure he appreciates all the swimming room!

Mini Horse: Moose
Mini Donkey: Letty
Potbelly Pig: Bubbles
Nigerian Dwarf Goats: Tidy Whitey, Josie, Elroy
Miniature Schnauzer: Leelo
German Wirehaired Pointer: Cricket
Human: Katie

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

well i don't really have a turtle, but this story will be funny for you guys.

So i went to sleep and i must have had a crazy dream that i had a turtle and was letting him play in my room, and i was like OH NO! Where did he go? and woke up and searched my room in the dark throwing pants and clothes and pillows all over my room looking for my turtle that i don't own. My puppy must have thought i was crazy.

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Betta Bomb

Wow!! Im totally loving that set up! The idea of the basking area is cool. I have 2 RES right now but because of my back I put them through the small animal rescue to re-home I love them and I love watching them eat.

Tags
mud turtle