Res - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Res

I have 2 RES hokey and pokey ive had them for alittle over a year...I recently moved from TX to CT and also changed their habitat..I feed them veggies,they have feeders avail,and pelletts..We just put them in a long 90 gallon and now they act like their starving..Everytime i feed them its like they never seen food before..Just wanted to see if this is normal for growing juvenile turtles..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Title Thief Victim

How long ago did you move...they could be just adjusting from the change I have a turtle and she's a eastern painted...everytime I feed her she freaks out as well. As long as they are still eating. thats good.

Also, What kind of feeders are you feeding?

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

I moved in mid january...They have snails,minnows,and guppy babies available...Also feed em pellets but they can only eat the micro pellets,and i feed them fresh greens lettuce,cale,carrots etc
I just wanted to make sure this was normal behavior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 11:59 PM
RAT ADDICT

Yes it is.

I had RES before and they have all eaten food like their was no tommorrow and then begged for more.My sister has two RES and they are picky and don't eat much,so be happy that your guys are eating!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

res

they are very hesitant to eat the veggies but i dont feed them anything else until they have ate it..Just wanted to make sure this is my first experience with turtles but ive kept em goin for over a year..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 PM
RAT ADDICT

If they stop eating their veggies,you may have to cut down on or cut out meat/fish for awhile.That happens sometimes with turtles,if they are getting alot of fish or something,they will stop eating or become hesistant to eat the goods!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

yea ill have to remove the snails and guppy babies from the tank..the other day i got one to eat a whole carrot stick And a little lettuce..were working on making their diet balanced...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:56 PM

turtles learn where their food comes from and tend to beg for it when the person who feeds thems enters the room. its probably just thay love food =]
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Playful Pup

Careful with the lettuce and kale. Iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value, even romaine only has 1 percent calcium and isnt really worth feeding. Kale is high in oxcalates wich bind calcium so they shouldnt make up the bulk of the diet. You should try dandilion greens, collards, turnip greens, and some aquatic plants like anacharis, duckweed, water lettuce, water lilies, water hyacinth water fern, pondweed, water starwort, hornwort, water milfoil, and frogbit.

But ya my turtles act like they are starving all the time. And the brats wont bask until im out of the room.

My Myspace Profile