Soaked and curious - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Cool Soaked and curious

I had the weirdest thing happen today. We have a ditch that runs behind our yard, and the city sends water through it. We have a well attached to it, and you pay for shares. Anyways, We have a cinder block at each end to keep Jake (my pooch) from wiggling under it. Well, somehow, one of the blocks fell over, and the water backed up. I had water above my ankles over half my back yard this morning when I woke up. Jake loved it LOL. My 4 y/o found a bunch of earthworms back there, and they are huge. I am guessing they bloat up with the water. She has been feeding some of them to our two box turtles. I wanted to know if you can overfeed them worms. Or, if I just leave them in their cage, will they just burrow in the dirt and the turts will find them when they are hungry? Thanks for any info.
Still drying out,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 12:55 PM

Earthworms are a great source of nutrients for turtles -- especially if you are referring to the box turtle I see in your sig. The only concern I would have about it at all is that you make sure that the earthworms are from a source that isn't likely to have been sprayed with pesticides or exposed to other severe chemicals.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

THanks. I was referring to the box in my sig. I also got a rescue one who is pretty small, but the most active turtle I have ever imagined in my life. She can do laps around the house during the day. LOL The turtles seemed to love the ones I gave them. I put some worms under the bedding, and am hoping that the turts can burrow and find them that way. I was just considered they might get too much protein or something.

Tags
box turtle