Sulcata tortoises, with pics! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Sulcata tortoises, with pics!

These are my two sulcata, I had four but space is hard with that many! LOL The top one is Rocky a rescue, he was found outside the Central Florida Zoo and since they do not keep sulcata there and he was so badly deformed and needed special care they called me. He is doing well 4 months later and now on a healthy diet. The bottom one is Toy, I have raised him for 2 years, since he was a month old. Perfect sweetie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 11:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are cute!

I like torts! I used to have turtles,but never a tort.They are super cute tho!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, they have tons of personality. I also have a russian tortoise and a few boxies and wood turtles, land ones are easy to care for, better then water ones...though I have a few of those too! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Loopy AppleNose

Ah, nice looking torts. I have a leopard myself. They do have loads of personality, don't they?

I've known quite a few tortoise owners with pyramiding tortoises as in the above picture. It seems a shame, though it happens often with unfortunate diets. Anyway, it seems he is lucky to have found his way to you so he can live a proper tortoise's life.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

We had to make a special feeding platform for him to eat, Rocky's gular scutes are just to long to allow him to eat off the ground normally. Sometimes we pile hay and grass and then feed pumpkin and cactus on that, he seems to be able to grab it better, otherwise he bites and misses too much and he was losing weight.