turtle's skin peeling? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

turtle's skin peeling?

ok so today i noticed that my turtles skin is peeling on her arm. its the skin on the top of her right foot(claw?) and me and my parents havent noticed it since today. i dont know what happend, but im thinking she hurt herself on this kinda big rock we got from my backyard a wile ago. but the skins peeling off and its still attached by a piece of skin, and underneath its like pinkish(meaty? my dad says). also she seemed like she was going to bite the piece of skin off, i dont know if thats a good thing but my mom said its probably better for her to bite it off, than for my mom to do something to get it off because she would hurt her. she is a..well im not sure what kind of turtle she is but im pretty sure shes a red-eared slider, and she lives in a little tank full of tap water. all thats in her tank is that bigish rock, and some little rocks for the bottom. please help i dont know whats wrong. should i take her to the vet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i would take him to the vet to see what kind he is at least as you can't give good care if you don't know what you have, where did you get him, how long have you had it? what are you feeding him? what kind of heat and things?

i think turtles shed like all reptiles....

get him checked out

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Betta Bomb

yep-turtles do shed-my two shed in the fall around October,and that means thier shell bits fall off and excess skin which floats around and off them from time to time waiting to get loose-i hate seeing them shed because i just wanna get in there and pick it all off like when you put white glue on your hands as a kid just to peel it off!!i would take him to the vet and have him checked out but also do you have a basking dock for him to get completley out of the water on to?? if not that can make him ill,he needs to be able to get all the way out the water and bask in uva and uvb lights mage especially for reps-good luck i hope its nothing serious!