For all you Fire Bellied toad owners.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

For all you Fire Bellied toad owners..

Any suggestions on food? I have two. (pics to come once i hit 20 posts and CAN post pics ;] )

Recently, the male (Dank) stopped eating.. I feed them crickets and reg wigglers... so theyre not on the same diet every day.. a little variety is nice. But, lately, Dank will attack the food, then just open his mouth and "spit" it out. .. like little kids do with veggies. he'll eat maybe one or two crickets... and its frustrating me. Any other suggestions on what I can try to get him to eat to see if he likes that any better.

I swear, I've never had a pickier eater then Dank is!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Critters that own me:
Fenris, Ichi, Koda, Cash [fert-faces]
Dank & Kush [ fire bellied toads ]
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
Coral & Marlin [clownfishhhhes]
Maggie & Matylda [black & white scotties ]
And one weird boyfriend <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Newborn Pup

Feeding a stuborm FBT

Try buying a different size cricket they could be too big also, smaller crickets are with out wings and their skin is softer thus causing for much easier digestion for ur FBT's, also try feeding him 4 times every other day and each time only offer 2 crickets. FBT's are known to be quick when it comes to learning or remembering their feeding scehdule. Another hting u can try is sprinkling calcium on ur cricket prior to feeding. As for worms, i dont use them right now because they all end up in hiding and make my cage stink. my FBTs are stubborm and wont eat them, i think because the worms dont move very fast..... Good Luck.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerB0655 View Post
Try buying a different size cricket they could be too big also, smaller crickets are with out wings and their skin is softer thus causing for much easier digestion for ur FBT's, also try feeding him 4 times every other day and each time only offer 2 crickets. FBT's are known to be quick when it comes to learning or remembering their feeding scehdule. Another hting u can try is sprinkling calcium on ur cricket prior to feeding. As for worms, i dont use them right now because they all end up in hiding and make my cage stink. my FBTs are stubborm and wont eat them, i think because the worms dont move very fast..... Good Luck.

Thanks, but this was awhile ago. I was feeding him small crickets. When I went up to medium, he ate fine. I now have three, and the two oldest ones (Dank and Kush) eat large, and will skip a feeding here and there - but will eat the next feeding (right now, Kush has skipped her last feeding -she's being stubborn) I have a baby as well, but Ive got no problems with him eating. He'll try to eat the large crickets for the other two (and has even gotten one of them down)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Critters that own me:
Fenris, Ichi, Koda, Cash [fert-faces]
Dank & Kush [ fire bellied toads ]
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
Coral & Marlin [clownfishhhhes]
Maggie & Matylda [black & white scotties ]
And one weird boyfriend <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Newborn Pup

right now with the shortage of mealworms i got wax worms, and i have to use tweezers to feed them but they r eating them pretty well....... so u can always mix it up as well..... i know they love crickets but those things die too fast..... so right now i just but 2 dozez once a week and just dump the whole thing, and inbetween i now give them waxworms sprinkled with calcium.