Photos! Fire Bellied Toad pictures. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Fire Bellied Toad pictures.

So, I'm a new member, and just wanted to post my guys (well, guy and girl) here.

Their names are Dank and Kush. I've had them for about two months. I simply LOVE them. They're great. They're in a 10g tank with a plant waterfall filter deal, small turtle dock, and a cave they can hang out in, and a bunch of other little things for them.

Anywho, on to the pics!

Here's their home:

Kush is on the left, and Dank is on the right.

---

Dank:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Critters that own me:
Fenris, Ichi, Koda, Cash [fert-faces]
Dank & Kush [ fire bellied toads ]
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
Coral & Marlin [clownfishhhhes]
Maggie & Matylda [black & white scotties ]
And one weird boyfriend <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Hello Earthling

Amazing picture.Cute toads

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks!! The smudges on the glass drive me bonkers, but, no matter what I do, they always come back. rackin' frackin' freakin' toads that live in water and splash it up on the glass :;mumbles::

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Critters that own me:
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

aww they are soo cute ^^

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:19 PM

I have fire bellied toads too and I just love them. But, get used to the glass being messy, it's just their thing. Mine climb way up to the top of the tank at times. Hey, I do have a question, how do you tell if one is a girl and one is a boy? I've never tried to sex mine, because I just picked out four of them at the pet store and that was that. But is there a noticable difference or do you really have to be an expert to tell? LOL Because I can't tell. Hee hee.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Hello Earthling

The males are the ones that make noises. SO if you here something you can get you got a male. Males also get 'pads' on their front legs.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Will It Ever Change?

beautiful pics! i LOVE amphibians

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_frost View Post
aww they are soo cute ^^

Thanks!! =]

Critters that own me:
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
I have fire bellied toads too and I just love them. But, get used to the glass being messy, it's just their thing. Mine climb way up to the top of the tank at times. Hey, I do have a question, how do you tell if one is a girl and one is a boy? I've never tried to sex mine, because I just picked out four of them at the pet store and that was that. But is there a noticable difference or do you really have to be an expert to tell? LOL Because I can't tell. Hee hee.
During mating season, males 'bark'. I havent had mine that long though, but on another forum, quite a few people told me Dank was a male and Kush was a female. One girl has had them for so long she said she can tell by their heads.. Others say because Danks front legs are thicker then kushs. I gather they are right, because Dank is always trying to get on top of Kush, and Kush doesn't try to get away. I think I'm in for some trouble when mating season comes around, but, we shall see!

Go to Herpcenter.com and post a picture ... a girl named Liz might be able to help you and give you an idea if its a boy or a girl. She's a pretty avid poster in the toad forum. =]

Critters that own me:
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
The males are the ones that make noises. SO if you here something you can get you got a male. Males also get 'pads' on their front legs.

oh yeah!! Forgot about that! Males get the little black nubs on their fingers during mating season.

Critters that own me:
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
Ya mean like this?

haha. Kush climbs like it's her job! all I hear is *PLOP* and realize she just fell off the top. Dank, however, likes to climb onto the filter and jump off into the water. He'll do that over and over and over for about half an hour. Toadie olympics, here he comes!

Critters that own me:
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
beautiful pics! i LOVE amphibians

Thank you! I adore these little buggers. They're my first set of toads. I've wanted them for awhile, but wasn't allowed to get them (lived with someone, he wanted no part of toads.. or anything else for that matter.) I went to a pet store with my current bf, and he was like "yanno what.. get one." so I did. and like two weeks later, I got a second one, and I couldn't be happier with them!

Critters that own me:
Moto [ RES turtle ]
Gracie [parotlett]
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 10:54 AM

Well, I know I have at least two males in my tank because I have heard more than one of them talk! So, now the question is, do I have females. I'll have to get some close-ups of them and post pictures. But I have had them for over a year and no little ones have come out of the batch, so what do you have to do to get some little froggies? Oh, and by the way, excellent pictures! My favorite is the one where they look like they are about to kiss. Too cute. And, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:12 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...they are too cute! Great pictures too.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *