Photos! Happy 3rd birthday to my froggy sisters! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Happy 3rd birthday to my froggy sisters!

Today is Pez and Starburst's 3rd birthday!

I raised them from eggs while I was in college, after I carried their eggs home in a plastic bag in my purse instead of getting rid of them like I was suppose too, and today is 3 years since the day they hatched into tadpoles.

I gave them to my brother once they turned into frogs. He thought they where boys and named them "Tator" and "Tot". But it turns out that they are both girls, so I renamed them and gave them candy themed names. I thought it sounded more feminine, not that they care much.

Anyways my brother started college and didn't want to keep lugging around their 55 gal tank, so they came back to live with me again about a year ago. They're here to stay now

The girls got some tasty worms this morning as a birthday treat.

Here's a picture - Pez is the one closest to the plant, and Star is closer to the tank glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

What kind of frogs are they?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Happy birthday froggy ladies!

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Happy Birthday to Pez and Starburst!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks!!

They are african clawed frogs.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Adolescent Pup

Question Happy birthday Pez & Starburst!

Rain,

Your frogs are so cute! I, also, have two African clawed frogs. We have no idea how old they are though. Since you got to see the magic happen from egg to adult I was wondering if maybe you had some advice for me?

-How old are ACF's at about 2 inches?
- How many earthworms do you feed them a day once they are full grown? or what is your feeding regiment?

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 10:57 AM
is a little "special"

Theyre SOOO cute! Happy birthday little guys! (Or should I say gals?)
I think theyre about the same age as Squishy is.

Pseudorocknroll~ Im not sure about the age thing, but I feed mine a cube of frozen blood worms every other day. You dont need/want to feed them every day, since it will polute their tank alot. Earthworms are more of a treat for them... Not an everyday thing. I also feed mine crickets and turtle pellets once in a while.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I only feed earth worms once in awhile as a treat. I feed mine these pellets...

http://www.enasco.com/product/SA02764(LM)M

as a staple and then supplement occasionally with Reptomin turtle pellets, frozen bring shrimp, frozen bloodworms, crickets, and occasionally super worms.

When mine where babies I fed them every day, but now that they are adults I feed them every other day. How much to feed them isn't really an exact science - but I think what you want to do is to feed them the amount of food that they can eat in 10 or 15 minutes - or at least that's what I do when I feed them pellets. When I'm feeding frozen foods, I do what Jess does and just give them each a cube of the frozen food (you can buy them in small cubes). When I feed the bugs, I usually just give them a couple each as a treat. One or two each.

I'm not sure how old they are at 2 inches. I'd have to go back and look at pictures maybe - but I think their growth rate can depend on genetics and how they are taken care of and not just age.