Help with choice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
View Poll Results: Which one would you get?
Pacman Frog 1 100.00%
Tomato Frog 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Help with choice

Well my pacman frog died a few days ago. And I find it quite strange to not have a frog in my room anymore. So I was thinking of getting another one. I was thinking either another pacman or maybe go for a tomato frog. So just wondered which one you would prefer. See if i can make up my mind. Thanks

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

What kind of set-up do you have? They're both nice frogs, but the tomato frogs are more sensitive so it's very important that you have the proper environment. Tomato frogs also can't be handled, if that influences your decision at all.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I have a terrestrial set-up with a small water dish which I used to fill with water for my pacman to have a swim and not drown. I have some fake plants, and used to put moss over the eco-earth to keep humidity up. Also I was using a heatmat with a thermostat. Tbh I don't mind not handling. I didn't handle my pacman unless really necessary.

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 03:41 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'd figure out why your frog died first.

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

He was 5 years old which isn't young for a pacman frog and I've just moved to an island and I think the stress of the move and his age did it really.

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Hello Earthling

I votes pacman from because I had one for a little while, and basically they are justr a big head with little legs.

And you said you 'use' to put moss in, if you plan on using moss I would suggest against it because of the risk of impaction.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_frost View Post
I have a terrestrial set-up with a small water dish which I used to fill with water for my pacman to have a swim and not drown. I have some fake plants, and used to put moss over the eco-earth to keep humidity up. Also I was using a heatmat with a thermostat. Tbh I don't mind not handling. I didn't handle my pacman unless really necessary.
That sounds fine for a tomato frog, although you'd be much better off with live plants (which may require adding a light if you didn't have one). They really thrive in planted tanks .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
frog, pacman, poll, tomato