How does a bullfrog handle a hurricane? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

How does a bullfrog handle a hurricane?

We found ourselves admiring this guy throughout Hurricane Frances so figured I'd share what little I have of him. He did us a great service by giving us something extra to watch during this extra long storm....

I was WAY FAR AWAY from him when this pic was taken during the storm so it's quality is super low (taken over 100ft away during the storm). We lowered the pool to the first step on this ladder and as you can see he spent a great deal of time during the storm perched on that step...

To give you an idea of distance... that ladder on the end of the pool is where he was in the above pic.

If you look center at end of pool you'll see the skimmer opening...that's where he is when he is "hunkered down" in the storm. I took this pic at night in in between storm squalls.

cont...

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

He was totally safe watching the storm from his personal shelter lol

This is the pond area he is supposed to be in.... and as such...after taking the below pics, we returned him to his chosen habitat

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I think we might have scared him more than the hurricane...oooppss

- Deb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

How cute. That is a big frog!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, so glad he was fine! He's HUGE!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

LOL! Smart little (err...big!) Bullfrog!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Wanted: New Title

I'm glad he kept you entertained. I am also glad you all survived.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh WOW!!! Cool frog, Deb!!!! He's big!!!
I felt sooo bad for all the animals outside during Frances, they kept showing cranes and birds on the news, too. The news caster even said a crane was on her front door stoop the whole time during the storm taking cover. Poor guys!

~* Jackie *~