How much should my baby ADF be eating? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Exclamation How much should my baby ADF be eating?

I've written about her before, but my little peanut, Macey, is about 3/4 of an inch long and her spots have just started to really show. She's really little. In your opinion how much should she be eating & how many times a week? As of now I'm taking our adult ADF, Siriya, out when Macey eats so I can monitor how much she is eating especially because it seems as if she's just too little to eat pellets without them being crushed up and fed to her.

I just want to be a great frog mommy, but this is the first time I've ever had an ADF that wasn't full grown. I'm bummed that I don't know her exact age, but I think it's been about a month since we lost her tail? Any help would be amazing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

There's no real guideline (especially without knowing the age) so I would instead pay attention to her weight. If she's slowly gaining weight (or at least not losing weight), she's probably fine. If you notice her starting to look skinny, she needs more food.

Have you tried live bloodworms or blackworms? Those are especially great foods for more sickly/skinny frogs. They'll fatten her up and encourage her to eat more (since it sets off their predator instincts, hehe).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
adf, advice, baby, feeding