How tall can an ADF's tank be? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question How tall can an ADF's tank be?

For the new one... I'd like to get a tank that is 17.75" high..is that too high for them to swim up and get air?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That'd probably be fine, just add driftwood, rocks, plants etc. to help them out if needed .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Wow! When I received the tank I was shocked at how tall it really was. We're going to try it out, but I'm truly wondering what tanks all of you guys use for your ADF's? We will have 4 frogs MAX. We'd love a 12 gallon, but I'm free to ANY suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I've kept them in tanks ranging from 2-gallons (single frog in quarantine) to 10-gallons (a few frogs).

For a small group, a 10-gallon or larger would be ideal .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

What tanks are you using? :)

What brand/model of tank do you use? I want to continue to explore and learn about the BEST tanks for this species. We plan on rescuing more from Brookstone. Every time I go in there the darlings look incredibly emaciated! The last boy we got when we tested the parameters of his original water the ammonia level was a little over 2.0!

Also, thank you so much for all of your help. I truly love this forum. It's great to be able ask whatever questions I need ( and I know I have a lot sometimes!) and also help people with theirs, too!

Last edited by pseudorocknroll; 04-22-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: messed up a word
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Well, the brand of tank rarely matters, the equipment does . For example, my favorite heaters are Stealth heaters as I find them to be very accurate and reliable. But if we're talking about complete kits, the only ones I've used are Marineland Eclipse tanks (they're nice but it sucks if say, the filter dies, because you can't simply buy a replacement since everything's built in) and I also had a kit by...hmm...Top Fin? I think. It was a 5-gallon and really nice but the power compact light bulb that came with it died in a month. An easy replacement but kinda annoying.

Oh, and as far as "rescuing" them goes just keep in mind that by buying them, you're supporting the store and allowing them to get more frogs . It's up to you but sometimes it's best to support the places that ARE taking care of the animals.

~Stephanie

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

We started by doing a petition. We are currently 1,109 members strong (all from the DC area) saying that NONE of us will ever purchase anything from the area's brook stone unless the grow-a-frog sales stop. Ever since the petition started I just couldn't help but save the ones that were left! Our most recent had been there for over 2 months!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:38 AM

How tall can an ADFs tank be

thank man easy to follow and not hard to do.

ps is it usseful to let me chnage npc equipment? or is it just a thing for pros

Tags
adf, height, tank size