My frog ran away! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

My frog ran away!

New to the Paw Talk and in urgent need of help! I have, NO, HAD an african dwarf frog for the past year. My issue is that it jumped out of its tank when i was at work and now I can't find it! I'm sure it would be dead soon so, I need to know how long it can survive out of water? And when that time comes...will it rot and smell! I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I'm sure the little guy won't make it. Any help is great... Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

mine to got out of the tank, how long he was out I have no clue, but he lived, found him pretty far from the tank lol, I am not sure how long they will live, try googling it, seeing what can be done when found, mine was pretty slow for a few days, then back to his frisky self...good luck and I do hope you find him alive

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Look near and on any windows or other areas with glass...I've known of a few people that found their african dwarf frogs hanging out on windows. Also check small, dark hiding places like under a pile of clothes or behind a bookshelf. It probably squeezed itself into a small opening so you'll need to look carefully. I wouldn't give up yet, you'd be surprised at how long they can survive out of water.

Good luck!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Well, thanks for the replies but sadly I found the poor guy, stiff as a rock, today when I got home from work...Thanks anyways for all the friendly help!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 02:39 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm sorry to hear that .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Playful Pup

Yeah- I am sorry too. Poor guy....

And proud mother to:

1 Hamster- Masie

3 cats/teenage cats - Duchess, Fergie and Charlie

2 baba kittens- (no names)

1 puppy - Sammie

Three Kids - Jade (12), Eve (3) and Jacob (14 months)
And one VERY big kid - Alex ( my husband )
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Playful Pup

Im sorry

Tags
frog