Need Help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Need Help!

Hi I have recently acquired some (what I believe to be Western chirping frogs) which I believe are three seperate species(there are 11 altogether) and I some how managed to get a pair of the same species(I have eggs) From what I read these type of frog eggs go from eggs right to tiny froglets question is how do I care for them when they hatch and how long do they take to hatch????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

If the frogs are closley related, they can actually make offspring.
You should try and figure out what species you have, and if this problem can happen with them. If it can, you should thing about just destroying the eggs.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Hello Earthling

So you have adults frogs that layer eggs... Are these wild caught (you went out and caught them) or purchased. If they are wild caught return them to where you got them.

As for the eggs do a bit of googling and serching on frog/ampibian/reptile forums.

Baby animals of any kind are a lot of work and frogs lay lots of eggs. So in less you have lots of room and homes lines up, I would think about destroying them before they start to develop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Herp Nerd

There are many, many species of frog commonly referred to as the 'chirping frog'. Might be more helpful to know where they came from... but in general, my advice would be to keep the eggs moist, but not completely soaking wet. When they hatch (if they do, after being heavily disturbed and moved around), the froglets will likely be so tiny, you might have a hard time finding something to feed them. I'd try commercially available fruit flies, but those might even be too big. Make sure to keep them hydrated. Not sure what else to suggest off hand.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I agree with Ravnos but wanted to add that if you can't find anything for them to eat and the fruit flies are too big, consider ordering some springtails online. They're TINY.

And pretty self-sustaining, too, or at least in my experience (I don't currently have anything that eats them but I still have a colony. Even with minimal care, they seem to be thriving and have done so for over a year.).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
chirping frogs