Need a little help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Exclamation Need a little help

Ok I need help with a decision.

Everyone...most some of you I got a pac man frog a few months ago, and he's totally awesome and so cute.

Anyways he refuse to eat pre-killed pinkies (I can't feed live), he won't eat meal worms or darkling beetles, and he takes forever to eat cricket they have to be dangled in front of his face and even then sometimes he still won't eat.All he'll eat readily is minnows and gold fish, which I don't like feeding him because their feeder fish, that aren't kept in the best conditions like other fish.

My problem is the stupid minnows always die on me and today I just got 10 feed 2 to him left to eat dinner came back and their all dead. This is only a little more then 2 hours of getting them house and setting them up in the tote.And this tote was all cycled and everything was good. And it had a filter.
One times they'll live long enough to feed off and then something I'll wake up to dead fish.

I don't know what to do anymore, I've tried everything and checked everything.I can't keep buying fish to have them die on me all the time and I can't just buy what I need for the day because my parents won't drive me every second day to get some.

I'm think of maybe re homing Won to someone who has more experience and can get him to eat anythings or can keep stupid minnows alive. and giving up on the whole minnow thing.But I don;t want everybody to think that I just get pets and get tired of them and then get rid of them, which I don't. I just don't know what to do with him anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Have you tried earthworms? And how did you cycle the tank you're keeping the minnows in?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

I did the fishless cycling.

Where do you get earthworms? There's no bate shops close by,no more worms outside.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

As for buying worms aside from bait shops: I buy mine at PetSmart for my frog (ACF). But, you can also find them online, although I've never tried this option. The packages I buy at petsmart last my frog for a few weeks and are less than $4.00.

I've read of people that essentially have earthworm farms in their homes for in-house composting, so I would wonder if you could just raise your own worms to feed Won. I have no personal experience in the matter so I can't guide you through it, but I did a quick google of raising earthworms and there are lots of links. It seems like perhaps a longer term fix, but not perhaps that difficult if your parents are into it.

Good Luck!

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

try a diferent plase to get the minnows maybe the petstore you is getting them from keep breeding very sick minnows. also which kind of minnows is you buying i keeped white could minnows for 2 year without a heeter or filter. thats weird how they is dying so fast...is you aklimating them to the water, maybe it is different temps? well good luck i hope you gets it sorted out.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

I don't think my petsmart sells earthworms

I treat the fish just like they were pets.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

How big is the tank your keeping the minnows in? Minnows really shouldnt be hard to keep, i kept one from my uncles fishing bucket in a glass jar for weeks one when i was little. If there dying within 2 hours of buying them then the problem could be at the pet store.

My Furry Family