Picky ACF - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Question Picky ACF

Yes. Apparently, it is indeed possible, and Im lucky enough to have one of the few.

So, a little while ago, I switched Squishers from frozen 100% blood worm cubes, to 50% blood worms/50% brine & mysis shrimp... I thought all was going well, untill I discovered the massive shrimp graveyard in his tank- Hes been picking out all the worms! So now I have hundreds of brine shrimp bodies clogging my filter and what not. Fun.

Any other suggestions on what frozen food he will like? I could try krill, but thats kind of expensive. Ive seen beefheart too, but Ive heard that that isnt a good diet for them. I still feed him red wigglers once in a while, but he isnt always interested. I dont want to feed him guppies all the time either, because they arent exactly kept in the healthiest conditions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Blackworms! I've never met an amphibian who didn't go nuts for them.

Crickets, krill (look for a cheaper brand? it shouldn't be THAT expensive so maybe it was one brand), phoenix worms, earthworms, and live ghost shrimp should be pretty appealing too.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks!
Well, I guess that the krill wasnt that expensive, but it just comes in these massive bags, so its like $10-$15 or so a bag. I guess it would last a while though. But Ill look for those blackworms!
The only reptile store that sells phoenix worms is in St. Paul, and Im not going there until Dudleys done with brumation... So it might be a while, LOL.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

The krill I bought was only like $5, there are definitely smaller bags out there. But yeah, it would last a while.

Blackworms aren't always easy to find, unfortunately, but they're worth it (kinda freaky but the frogs like them, lol). You're more likely to find them in a pet store that sells more exotic animals (blackworms are often a staple food for newts, for example).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Adolescent Pup

Did you ever try live red wiggler worms??? My frogs are CRAZY into them & they are so cheap & easy!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Yup, I did. He likes them, but I wanted a frozen food to feed him too.

Tags
picky froggy