Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Picky ACF

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jess 
#1 ·
Yes. Apparently, it is indeed possible, and Im lucky enough to have one of the few. ;)

So, a little while ago, I switched Squishers from frozen 100% blood worm cubes, to 50% blood worms/50% brine & mysis shrimp... I thought all was going well, untill I discovered the massive shrimp graveyard in his tank- Hes been picking out all the worms! So now I have hundreds of brine shrimp bodies clogging my filter and what not. Fun.

Any other suggestions on what frozen food he will like? I could try krill, but thats kind of expensive. Ive seen beefheart too, but Ive heard that that isnt a good diet for them. I still feed him red wigglers once in a while, but he isnt always interested. I dont want to feed him guppies all the time either, because they arent exactly kept in the healthiest conditions.

#2 ·
Blackworms! ;) I've never met an amphibian who didn't go nuts for them.

Crickets, krill (look for a cheaper brand? it shouldn't be THAT expensive so maybe it was one brand), phoenix worms, earthworms, and live ghost shrimp should be pretty appealing too.

#3 ·
Thanks!
Well, I guess that the krill wasnt that expensive, but it just comes in these massive bags, so its like $10-$15 or so a bag. I guess it would last a while though. But Ill look for those blackworms!
The only reptile store that sells phoenix worms is in St. Paul, and Im not going there until Dudleys done with brumation... So it might be a while, LOL.

#4 ·
The krill I bought was only like $5, there are definitely smaller bags out there. But yeah, it would last a while.

Blackworms aren't always easy to find, unfortunately, but they're worth it (kinda freaky but the frogs like them, lol). You're more likely to find them in a pet store that sells more exotic animals (blackworms are often a staple food for newts, for example).

#6 ·
Yup, I did. :) He likes them, but I wanted a frozen food to feed him too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.