Photos! Squishy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thumbs up Squishy!

Since I bought my plant's for Squishy's tank, they've basically taken over everything... And he loves it!

When I first planted them in March:

Now:

The moss pretty much exploded, and my fern had 4 more baby plants! These are the first aquatic plants that have actually survived under my care, so I'm pretty pround LOL.

Squishy, chillin' with his plants:

He's been shedding a lot more and eating really well since I added them, so they must be helping his water quality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Yay, live plants are awesome, huh?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Yup, they are! After getting them, I never want fake plants again... The live ones are so much better looking, and I've never seen Squishy happier. Too bad I didn't think of it sooner!

The moss that I put on the flower pot has already grown even more, and now it's connecting with the moss on the log.

Do you think I could add some feeder guppies or ghost shrimp at this point? I want some, but I don't want to mess anything up either.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Yup, they are! After getting them, I never want fake plants again... The live ones are so much better looking, and I've never seen Squishy happier. Too bad I didn't think of it sooner!

The moss that I put on the flower pot has already grown even more, and now it's connecting with the moss on the log.

Do you think I could add some feeder guppies or ghost shrimp at this point? I want some, but I don't want to mess anything up either.
As snacks? Sure, I don't see a problem . I would go for the shrimp, though. You could add feeder guppies but I'd quarantine those first since feeder fish are often hosts for parasites and other nasty things .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Adolescent Pup

It looks awesome! I can't believe the plants exploded like that.

Squishy's cute and all but those eyes... *brrrr* the reason I'm never getting frogs

I gotta ask, do all ACF's have claws like that... or are those his fingers? Cuz whatever they are they're looooooong. I took one look and was all 'those are Voldemort fingers'.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

@Sasami: Ok, I'll get shrimp then if anything. I don't really have anywhere to quarentine. Any other recommendations?

@BarkingPup: Thanks! LOL, I like his eyes. They are actually red, but the pictures don't show it very well.
Haha, those are just normal fingers! Males just have black coloring on the insides of their arms. The only actual claws he has are 3 little black claws on his back feet.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

If the shrimp survive (or at least mostly) and don't get eaten, try cherry shrimp . They're hardier and prettier than ghost shrimp. They breed pretty quickly so a population could handle the occasional loss.

~Stephanie

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Awesome, thanks! Squishy is a failure at hunting, so chances are that they won't die off very soon. He once had a guppy room mate for months before he finally ate it LOL.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Aww Squishy!

Haha my froggers are like that too...they'll leave feeders alone for months and months and then randomly eat them one day. I joke that they like to wait until the feeders are nice and plump before eating them, even though in reality it's probably because they aren't very good at catching live prey.

I'm glad the live plants are working well! What types are they exactly? I tried live plants in my frog tank once and they ripped them all to shreds. I'm defiantly want to try again with different types of plants eventually.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

LOL! Gotta love "feeder friends". I've heard of beardies that will let their feeder buggies co-exist with them until they are big enough for eating too, haha.

I have java moss and java fern. They're both super hardy, and they are rooted to the log so they can't be dug up.