Squishy's eye is bleeding?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Exclamation Squishy's eye is bleeding?!

What is this?! I just looked over at his tank a minute ago, and his eye looks like it's bleeding! The blood is in a little pool at the bottom of the membrane thing that goes over their eyes. What is it, and should I be worried?? He is acting normal and swimming around...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Is there anything in the tank he could have bumped into? Frogs can be clumsy so he might have injured himself. I would keep an eye on it for now and make sure his water is clean (to help prevent infection).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

I'm wondering if he got scared and bumped into the wall really hard. The only decorations are a castle and a plant, and neither are sharp.

I did a big water change last weekend, but should a do another tomorrow? He ate a wax worm and he is croaking right now, so he probably isn't in much pain, I hope.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I'm wondering if he got scared and bumped into the wall really hard. The only decorations are a castle and a plant, and neither are sharp.

I did a big water change last weekend, but should a do another tomorrow? He ate a wax worm and he is croaking right now, so he probably isn't in much pain, I hope.
A water change never hurts . I'm sure he'll be fine, just watch for signs of infection.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Ok, thanks so much!
What would signs of an infection be? And would it be OK to put some Stress Coat in his water to help him heal, or should I just leave it be?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Ok, thanks so much!
What would signs of an infection be? And would it be OK to put some Stress Coat in his water to help him heal, or should I just leave it be?
If you notice white fuzz or slime he probably has a bacterial or fungal infection. Other than that, I don't think there's much to look for.

Oh, and no, I wouldn't add Stress Coat. I'm not the biggest fan of the product but for frogs I don't think it even does anything (besides de-chlorinating tap water which is the only thing it should be used for IMO).

As long as the water quality is good he'll probably be fine so don't worry too much . Especially since he's acting normal otherwise.

~Stephanie

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks! He is still acting fine, and no signs of infection.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Adolescent Pup

I dunno what it is with our aquatic frogs eyes?! One of my frogs eye's in blurry and even though he's acting normal I'm kinda scared of what it could be??? I did a 50 percent water change w/the gravel vacuum and cleaning any algae stricken ornaments last night & then gently poured them back in.

Tags
acf, eye bleeding