Theres a frog in the bucket dear Liza! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Theres a frog in the bucket dear Liza!

I waited a while after Jodi's post about her frog. Didn't want to feel like I was stalking her and copying her

A couple of weeks ago my husband called me on his way to work (I don't think he was even out of the driveway yet and it was 6 AM!) Any way he said there was something in a bucket containing some top soil and water and to get it out. He said he thought it was a frog. I'm convinced that this is the same frog that has come around every year for the past three years. When I went to go check on him I took one look and saw how happy he was and told my husband he'll just have to wait until he comes out on his own!

Heres the frog in the bucket

Here is a more close up of him in the bucket so you can actually see him

Here is a super close up of him so you can see how happy he was in the little bucket

That stick you see in the first couple of pics my husband put in there so he could get out and then the day after he put in a nice branch. Too bad he didn't realize that if the frog was able to get into the bucket he should know that the frog would have no trouble getting out...he just didn't want to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Wanted: New Title

Great pics. Cute frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 08:56 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Cute little guy! He does look very content, doesn't he?? lol

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

That last pic is hilarious!

Rhonda

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Herp Nerd

Nice toad... and they tend to stick to the same area year after year as long as theres food to be had and the area isn't contaminated with pesticides or fertilizers.

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

How big is he? Looks cool. I caught an American Toad a couple of weeks ago she is really neat. I named her Freckles. Any one ever use the Bed-A-Beast stuff?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Dena omg that is one ugly mug!! It's so ugly, it's cute!!

Does it stay all summer long? Where does he go during the winter?

[center]

[
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

what a cute frog. I'd have let him stay too. He looks so content

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Well considering I live in the middle of wetlands we have lots of frogs but this is the only one I have ever seen in my driveway area. He sits in the same spot year after years (Well once we found him INSIDE the garage and my hubby made me get him out) I have no idea where he goes in the winter but I do wait for him when summer comes and yes he usually stays all summer long
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

We have frogs, snakes and salamanders - unfortunately we usually find the frogs, toads and salamanders in the pool filter skimmer basket The snakes though! We have a snake that is like your frog - he's lived in my pool shed since the year after we moved into this house! He suns on the same shrub every day and he/she has a few friends that are always on the shrub with him - when I walk passed them I can see them briefly - then they simultaneously scramble inside the bush! The sound of them scurrying is pretty neat. I should try to get a picture of them.

Can you hear the tree frogs singing at night? We have a marsh down the street where there must be so many of them - it's so, so loud!

[center]

[
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja
Dena omg that is one ugly mug!! It's so ugly, it's cute!!

What a great close up pic! We can see how greeeeeen he is Great pic!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I like him! You should name him since he always visits you!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

I haven't found the right name for hime yet. I'm not sure if its a male or female either.

Deja - you should her some of the frogs around here. Not only can you hear thousands of them but I can pick out several different calls at once. Two years ago there was a bullfrog (I think) living very close to the house and he was soooooooooo loud! Thats why I think it was a bullfrog. Mating season is horrific! My husband used to think it was crickets until I explained what all those noises were.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Adolescent Pup

Your frog looks very nice! lol. I hope he hangs around. ^-^

Here in NC, we have horrific rainstorms in the summer, that flood my yard and fill the ditches completely up! When this happens hundreds (no joke) of frogs come into my yard. The sound is sooo loud, you can here it all the way inside my room. I got out at night to spy on them. I have to keep the flash light to the ground where I'm walking or i might step on one! They are usually two or three every few feet. They look so cool swimming in the ditches too. You can see them inflate their necks when they croak! Next time we have a strom like that I will go outside and catch a couple and send some pics!

Tags
tree frog