Trevor, my new toad - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Trevor, my new toad

Today I picked up my Marine Toad that I was getting . I didn't post about him but I had seen him in a store but wanted to get his tank ready before bringing him home.

I think it's silly that I paid $10 for something I could've caught outside in most areas but oh well .

I named him Trevor (Harry Potter reference) and I think he's adorable . The lady at the petstore was calling them the ugly toads...she likes treefrogs better and told me I should get one instead .

Trevor was the smallest toad...this should give me time to save up for a really big tank by the time he's an adult . Not that he moves much, haha.

Pictures:

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:35 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Awww, cute! I love toads.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thanks! Yes, another toad lover!! No one seems to understand why I wanted him.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:39 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I have wanted a toad for awhile. I just haven't gotten one. I really need to get a setup ready so I can!

I love photographing toads. I have tons of pictures. I made a reptile/amphibian calendar with my photographs.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

OMGG STEPHH THAT IS THE BIGGEST SMALLEST TOAD EVERRRR HAHAAHA [: pics of the setup?
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

awe how cute.. heh i think i'd rather have gotten the frog, altho i know nothing about either and would be basing that on looks alone.. my friend once had a green frog, i think it was a tree frog? anyway, it was in love with him, and no matter where he tried to put it, it would jump back on him, it was cute! anyway, i love the second pic.. hes all go away im supposed to be hiding here..

My Furry Family
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambieruns10
I have wanted a toad for awhile. I just haven't gotten one. I really need to get a setup ready so I can!

I love photographing toads. I have tons of pictures. I made a reptile/amphibian calendar with my photographs.
You should totally get one . They are pretty easy to take care of and are really docile for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalex0145
OMGG STEPHH THAT IS THE BIGGEST SMALLEST TOAD EVERRRR HAHAAHA [: pics of the setup?
I'll take a picture of the set-up when it's more interesting, hehe. It's pretty basic right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelnstuff
awe how cute.. heh i think i'd rather have gotten the frog, altho i know nothing about either and would be basing that on looks alone.. my friend once had a green frog, i think it was a tree frog? anyway, it was in love with him, and no matter where he tried to put it, it would jump back on him, it was cute! anyway, i love the second pic.. hes all go away im supposed to be hiding here..
I think I will get a treefrog at some point but I wanted a toad more . I've had them in the past and loved them.

I love the second picture, too. Haha.

~Stephanie

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 02:11 PM

He is so cute!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thank you!

~Stephanie

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 03:13 PM

When and where did you get the big guy?
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Part of the Pack

aww hes adorable! Ive always wanted a toad as well. When I was little my friend had tadpoles and gave me three of them, turned out to be small frogs (dunno what kind they were) It was awesome watching them grow up. I named them Bud, Wise, and Er. Cause the commercials were really popular around then. I ended up letting them go at this huge lake. It was nice.
After that I tried to get my mom to let me get a toad, they had so many at the pet store and they were so cute! I love how they look so fat and uncomfortable! adorable! =)
He looks pretty happy under that hide out =)
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMeBre
When and where did you get the big guy?
I just got him yesterday although I picked him out a couple days ago . I've had other toads in the past, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik8806
aww hes adorable! Ive always wanted a toad as well. When I was little my friend had tadpoles and gave me three of them, turned out to be small frogs (dunno what kind they were) It was awesome watching them grow up. I named them Bud, Wise, and Er. Cause the commercials were really popular around then. I ended up letting them go at this huge lake. It was nice.
After that I tried to get my mom to let me get a toad, they had so many at the pet store and they were so cute! I love how they look so fat and uncomfortable! adorable! =)
He looks pretty happy under that hide out =)
Thanks! Toads are great...and yeah, he loves that hide .

~Stephanie

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...he is really cute! I love the second picture.I am a toad lover as well!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thank you!!

I am happy that on here there are others who share my passion, haha . My mom refers to him as my "ugly toad".

~Stephanie

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

I like a lot! I'm a definate fan of toads as well !!

Tags
african clawed, african clawed frog, african clawed frogs, clawed frog, clawed frogs, pet store, tree frog