2 Bunnies Drowned at Petland - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Hmm well like I said I think you really need to search to find the best deals if you want to go that rout. I spend the most on shipping when I have to get feeder insects. I found a company that will ship a box of up to 2,000 insects for $15 overnight shipping. And then each additional box is only an extra $5 for shipping (if you need more than 2,000). I couldn't even go to a pet store around here and get a thousand of any insect, they all sell them in tiny containers of like 25 or 50.

My other supplies oveously I can pay for the cheaper shipping because it doesn't matter if it takes the hay and dog food a couple of days to get here. A lot of times I'll have cupons for like 20% off, so that helps bring the cost down to just about what I would pay at a pet store, and a lot of the times less

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Part of the Pack

Did anyone ever find the actual STORY on this? Or was this just something that Peta came out with? I don't believe anything Peta has to say, EVER.

The first thing that came to my mind was that these rabbits could have been frozen and thawed in hot water to feed to a large boa or Retic. Just because they're wet bunnies doesn't mean they were drowned or otherwise inhumanely killed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

all i found was peta.

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Herp Nerd

I found an Associated Press article on it. It says that the store was closed over the incident, and the person in the photo is up on two accounts of cruelty... sadly, in Ohio, it's only a misdemeanor for a first offense, so she'll likely walk away with some probation and told never to work anywhere with animals again.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Rodentologist

I know it's the hip and cool thing to bash Peta, but all you really have to do is type in "bunnies" and "petland" into google news to find more info on it:

http://news.google.com/news?q=bunnie...N&hl=en&tab=wn

The story itself came off of the employee's facebook, where she posted the pictures. Not from Peta.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:58 AM
RAT ADDICT

No,it is not the "hip and cool thing" to bash PETA...
But I also dislike PETA and rather hear the story from other sources too.

That girl is horrible.
She looks proud of drowning the rabbits!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i really didn't try hard but i couldn't find anything on it before.

Peta has done good things, and peta has done bad things for animals. I just don't trust their news really

[/CENTER]

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennicat View Post
I know it's the hip and cool thing to bash Peta, but all you really have to do is type in "bunnies" and "petland" into google news to find more info on it:

http://news.google.com/news?q=bunnie...N&hl=en&tab=wn

The story itself came off of the employee's facebook, where she posted the pictures. Not from Peta.
Well, at least not believing their propaganda is in style now.

It's just nice to see other sources than "peta said so". Thanks for the link.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan

Tags
abuse, cruelty, drown, rabbit