Authorized "Resellers" - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Authorized "Resellers"

I have a question, I'm new to the pet world and picked up our first Poodle/Dox for my sons' three year birthday yesterday. Paid the individual and took the puppy home, no problems. One thing that was consistent during our visit was the reiterating by the owner how she runs a day care now and couldn't keep the puppy and how her children were extremely upset. However, now I see on her myspace page, she is listing two new puppies she must find homes for. My question is this, does an individual need some sort of state or city permit to resell animals from shelters? I only ask this cause here in North Charleston, SC, I found a website of a animal rescue near this ladies house that required payment of $35 to adopt, while I paid her $135. While I don't mind paying the money; however, if she was untruthful on how she obtained the puppy, I question if the puppy is completly healthy. Thanks all for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

here it is illegal as it is most places that someone sells an animal from the shelter, if you don't wish to keep the animal it must come back to us kind of thing.

you could stop by with your puppy at the shelter and they may remember her or have record of her if she came from there

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Hello Earthling

Ditto on what Kendall said.

When you adopt and animal from a shelter you usually sign a contract stating that if you ever do not want the animal anymore, the animal is to be returned to the shelter.

You said you bought it from pet word (pet shop?).If so you could have bought a puppy will dog or if you bought it from an actual person they could have been a puppy broker.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I would call the shelter near her house and let them know the situation. They probably can't give you any info about her, but at least it could deter future sneaky-ness. You could also call your animal control or SPCA and let them know the situation as well. Someone that is rehoming animals for a profit usually isn't the best person to be doing so. They often don't check for suitable homes and only care about the money.

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------

Tags
adopting, puppy