Brad Pattison Street Safety - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Brad Pattison Street Safety or abuse

I found the video link in another forum but I also think it should be posted here.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXOnoRr0Do

Brad Pattison is no dog trainer, he is more like an abuser that doesn't know a **** about dogs.Hitting them doesn't get anyone anywhere,other that a scared dog.He doesn't even communicate with the dog.

This is just angering me sooooo much. How could the owners of the dog not care that he hit their dog and the dog it scared, he's not even training it.

Boycot his show!!!!

Last edited by canadiancritter; 01-28-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Newborn Pup

It's abuse. Most of his training is based on dragging the dog into poles, jerking it, yelling... there is nothing good to say about this guy
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Newborn Pup

I was watching one of the videos yesterday. He gets annoyed with a woman and then hangs and viciously smacks her dog on the snout.

I find it puzzling that this idiot could have so many unthinking followers who don't see how little he knows about dog training.

In another video he claims that he saw one dog telling another to dig, fence fight and bark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

From Slice.ca

What to do to break up a dog fight

What to Do Let out the loudest and deepest yell you can. Aim it directly at the middle of the fight and stay square to the two dogs. If you are behind a dog that is fighting, grab the collar behind his neck and pull the dog back as fast as you can, yelling in a deep, deep voice at the other dog and staying square to him. If you need to pop the jaws off of a dog that is shaking or biting another dog, then kick the dog in the lower rib cage hard.

Yes. Kick the dog. Great advice

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Playful Pup

Better than a cattle prod. I worked at a GOlden Retriever breeding and boarding facility, and the lady said she had a cattle prod to break up the dog fights, because there was no other way to do it.

I told her that if I could break up two APBT, in a serious fight then she dosnt need a cattle prod for GRs. I then quit the job and called the OSPCA.

I wouldnt call what I do kicking, but when a break stick dosnt work by itself, I wrap one leg around the offending dog, and place it right at the base of the ribs and squeeze my heel in to their abdomen as hard as needed. COupled with grabbing the scruff of the neck and attempting to use a break stick works. Atleast for me. And most of the time when I use the break stick, I just end up jabbing the dogs in the gums by an accident, they move around alot lol. Sometimes, they actually break my break stick lol!

The dogs dont get in fights often, so I'd rather use physical force than a freaking cattle prod.

- Mel
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkerella View Post
Better than a cattle prod. I worked at a GOlden Retriever breeding and boarding facility, and the lady said she had a cattle prod to break up the dog fights, because there was no other way to do it.

I told her that if I could break up two APBT, in a serious fight then she dosnt need a cattle prod for GRs. I then quit the job and called the OSPCA.

I wouldnt call what I do kicking, but when a break stick dosnt work by itself, I wrap one leg around the offending dog, and place it right at the base of the ribs and squeeze my heel in to their abdomen as hard as needed. COupled with grabbing the scruff of the neck and attempting to use a break stick works. Atleast for me. And most of the time when I use the break stick, I just end up jabbing the dogs in the gums by an accident, they move around alot lol. Sometimes, they actually break my break stick lol!

The dogs dont get in fights often, so I'd rather use physical force than a freaking cattle prod.
I don't think squeezing the dog is wrong, but kicking I would think would do more damage as you pull your leg back and gain momentum thus a more powerful blow than squeeze. If that makes sense.

If people actually follow what he's teaching next thing you know is people in the park thinking its ok to hit/kick their dog.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Part of the Pack

I can not stand this guy at all. I used two of his people to help me train my dog harley. They literally make me yank him around, and be really mean to him like stopping on a dime and let him go flying because i stopped and he didnt and the little guy is pretty small(7 inches) In the end i said screw it i am not paying you for making me be rude to my dog and yank him around like that its not dog training its just being abusive to the animals and hes always a jerk-off to the people as well. If i was ever on his show and he tried to be rude to me i would tell him off right on the cameras. we need someone like cesar millan who is super gentle with the dogs and isnt a jerk to the owners just tells them nicely what they are doing wrong and his pack is awesome specially his dogs daddy and junior.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 10:43 PM

It's always good to hear from people who had used this type of dog training method.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I can't even see the video even though this is an old thread, it said deleted by user. But by the way you guys are talking did I really want to see it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Newborn Pup

I hate Brad Pattison to be honest. I have seen him strike or smack a dog numerous times on youtube and other similar sites. I don't think that if you have to strike a dog you should be considered a trainer -_- There is a difference between a correction and a smack.
A lot of his 'techniques' are garbage. I don't see the point in umbilical or his version of 'pinning'. I pin my dogs without touching them, one snap of the fingers and they hit the deck all by themselves! This guy makes me mad -_- and then he acts like he's too good to be part of his own website (yeah I joined, just to see what it was like) He removes any posts that shadow his character at all and then ban whoever posted it.

VictoriaB> I love Daddy too! Caesar Millan is ftw!

Kye And Carbon
~Partners In Crime~

Please check out my dog forum The Urban Wolf

Last edited by Taralupe; 09-15-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Fixing Typo
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
From Slice.ca

What to do to break up a dog fight

What to Do Let out the loudest and deepest yell you can. Aim it directly at the middle of the fight and stay square to the two dogs. If you are behind a dog that is fighting, grab the collar behind his neck and pull the dog back as fast as you can, yelling in a deep, deep voice at the other dog and staying square to him. If you need to pop the jaws off of a dog that is shaking or biting another dog, then kick the dog in the lower rib cage hard.

Yes. Kick the dog. Great advice

That advice is terrible! Score another win for Slice and BP *rolls eyes* Often yelling will just amplify the situation. That info will get someone bitten. I have heard that you also grab a dog by the hind leg so he can't swing around and grab you but I have never tried that one. I usually go for the aggressor and pin him down, once the other dog sees he inst going to be eaten he usually carries on his own way and the fight stops. I have never let any dogs I was training or had as pets reach that level of excitement. Block it before it starts is the best way!

Thanks for posting that canadiancritter! Always good to know whats out there for bad advice >.<

Kye And Carbon
~Partners In Crime~

Please check out my dog forum The Urban Wolf

Last edited by Taralupe; 09-15-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Fixing sentence structure.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Newborn Pup

Check youtube
/watch?v=6BxIZfeu2lI

While this falls under fair use of the DMCA act, exempt under
1)the "comment and criticism clause"
2)educational and non-profit
3) does not reproduce a significant portion of the original work

It won't stop the Pattisonians from filing a complaint with Youtube.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Betta Bomb

I beleive who you are referring to is on the show titled "At the end of my leash" maybe youtube that?
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 AM
RAT ADDICT

I have watched his show...but never seen him hit a dog!
I know he is a huge jerk to the people,yelling at them and he is rather dominant towards the dogs...but I have never seen him hit or strike a dog in the show...so if this is true,they must edit it out of the show...

I don't watch it now.But I don't watch TV much anyway.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Betta Bomb

I seen it once where the dog insisted on rushing out of a doorway first and jumping on the people when they came home. Buddy kneed the dog in its chest and basically yelled in its face until total submission and man, was he rough