Bullfighting - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Bullfighting

I posted a thread up a while back about bullfighting and how cruel it was and I came across a picture on a site that made me laugh. I have to show it to everyone. Sports Dignity! Its not nice what it going on with the bull, its horrid but what the bull is doing is teaching that bully a lesson. Good on the bull!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vixen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Zoo!!!

Polo, Pepper, Solo, Bullet, Trigger, Bandit and Gem

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
(Chickens) Persephone, Penny, Pandora and Pansy
Giant Afircan land snails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Part of the Pack

Bull-fighting is not something I could watch probably. I say probably because I never have. It just goes to show how different cultures view life and death differently. Here in North America/Canada, all life has some value. Some places it is not so.

Pets are always your friend no matter what.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I think it is an awful, cruel sport that is nothing other than slaughter.

Vixen

My Zoo!!!

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Part of the Pack

I can't argue against that.

Pets are always your friend no matter what.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Is it wrong of me to enjoy everytime the bull manages to make some danger on the bullfighter? I mean, I despise that type of show, but I enjoy so much everytime they say that a bullfighter has been injured at the arena...

Dimaris

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Dimaris...i have the same feelings as you do. I would never watch a bullfight but when i hear on the news or somewhere else that a bullfighter has become injured I dont feel sorry for the bulllfighter AT ALL! He put himself in that situation. Yeah, that may sound bad but the bullfighter deserves anything he gets from a bull. On the the otherhand, the bull doesnt deserve the treatment that they inflict on him in any way shape or form! He is just trying to protect himself, its instinct. The bullfighter is just abusing the animal pure and simple and it is murder in the end.
Bullfighting is one of the worst sports there is and its one of the ones i detest the most. Its not bull-fighting..its bullmurder.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am 1000000% against this so called sport! It is not a sport! But I also find it funny when a bullfighter gets injured,because it's his own fault!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

If there was a debate over people against it would win because there is no valid reason for doing it just for so called sick entertainment

Vixen

My Zoo!!!

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
is a little "special"

I DESPISE any "sport" where animals race/fight!!! (except horse racing, cause the horses are well cared for.) Dog fighting, bull fighting, greyhound racing ect. How can people find entertainment in such horrible things?! Thats an awesome pic! Its funny when the people hurting the animals get hurt for a change... now THATS entertainment!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM
RAT ADDICT

I used to be against horse racing,until I found out NOT ALL tracks are horrible.There is a harness race track here and the horses are well cared for and when they do retire they go to a santuary! And well a couple yrs back a whole bunch of people got in trouble for whipping the horses hard.Thats what I love about Newfoundland,for the most part they do not allow animal cruelty...like animal circuses were banned here (until recently ) and things like that are not allowed here!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I saw this circus once and this man had 8 beautiful white mares and stallions and one foal and he was whipping them to get them to go round in a circle and one of the stallions went wild, so it has probrably been hurt before and all these men ran out and threw ropes over it and wrestled it to the ground and quite literally dragged it off. I've never been to a circus again.

Vixen

My Zoo!!!

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
is a little "special"

I saw a circus with some beautiful white mares too... the trainer didnt use a whip tho. A long time ago I went to a rodeo and I thought it was cool at the time, but now that I think about it, all those poor cows and horses must have been terrified. They had a thing for the kids where they had to pull the tag or something off
a calfs tail and they would get a prize. I think we would all be scared to death if 100s of kids where mobbing us trying to pull something off of our butts... People need to find new ways to entertain our selves.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Adolescent Pup

I have never seen a real bull fighting match. I think it would be too graphic for me

~K ^..^

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing, because you think you can do only a little..."

Tags
animal cruelty