Can we stop dog/car fur trade? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation

I am really sorry for introduce myself in this way.
But i feel that pet lovers should know about this, 2 days ago, i watched larry king live. they talked about millions of dogs and cats being brutally killed in china for their fur... yep, dogs and cats being killed for their fur... they showed the videos they took in china, believe me it was horrific, i still cry when i think about it, my words cant describe all the horrific things chinese do to our best friends. almost half of the fur from all over the world are from dogs and cats in china, because its cheaper!! and their fur is mislabeled so people dont know... you really have to see the video (at peta or any other website) to know how horrific they treat them... i hope someday we can stop that...

thank you so much for reading this i hope you let others know about this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 09:27 PM

I have heard about this as Paul McCartney is campaigning about it.. It is truly disgusting, but then again all fur is!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I've heard about this as well, I'm very much opposed to all fur and leather products...it's sad .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Herp Nerd

While I doubt they're at all off base, PETA is known for creative editing when it comes to their films. So I'm forced to take any thing they say with a grain of salt, even if its repeated by Larry King. In the end though, China finds it difficult not to drive over their own citizens with tanks. Getting them to change the way they treat animals in their current cultural climate is going to be a long time coming no matter who is campaigning.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 10:38 AM

I agree with Ravnos. It's probably going to take awhile to get them to change their practices, if they're even open to change at all (which is doubtful). What a sad, sad thing though I'm opposed to any sort of fur/leather products but when it happens to animals that we hold so close, it seems to hit home a little harder. I hope to see a day when no animal is killed needlessly for fur or leather.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Playful Pup

Thumbs down joey

Someone so kindly sent me a clip of various pictures showing such a thing. I couldn't even bare to watch it. It is beyond disgusting and so
unnecessary. I have some very choice words for those people. China will do anything to an animal as well as almost eat any aminal. I DON'T UNDERSTAND. They will murder anything for money in there pockets.
Nothing is sacred to them.

Disgusted- Joey
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 03:24 PM

One of the ways to end the fur trade is not to buy fur and leather products and not to buy from those countries which is hard since everything you buy here even at amusment parks for your kids if you look at the little stamp where does it all come from?
AskMr.Rio
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Curmudgeon

As far as cats and dogs, I don't see why using them for fur is any worse than using any other animal....

I don't believe we should patronize the fur trade, regardless of what kind of fur it is. Synthetics are better in almost every circumstance, but synthetics have their own ecological downside too.

You are pretty much wasting your time though. As long as the West wants cheap products, China will be there to sell them. ...and as long as people keep 'idolizing' celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Paris Hilton, fur will continue to be in vogue....
As society slowly changes, that's then we'll see some change in the demand for fur...

bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.