Century 21 has a puppy mill listed for sale! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Exclamation Century 21 has a puppy mill listed for sale!

http://www.century21.com/buy/propert...r_key=34370350

This is just sick! "70 breeding dogs are included in sale"... I could go on to say on how many levels this is wrong, but I'm sure everyone will be able to see. Take a look at the pictures of the property and the "dog motel" accommodations. I would be ashamed to keep my dogs that way!

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Will It Ever Change?

wow that's a shame

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

Angry Ugh.....

I just wrote to The Oklahoma humane society asking them about their state laws regarding pet sales and sent them the link to the century21 listing. Also saw an ad on CraigsList that had been flagged and removed about this century21 listing. This is so wrong, I cant believe that the agent would do something like this. Who is caring for the dogs while the house is in escrow? Well Im off to do research on this and write some letters........grrrrrr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hot cup of Joe

My babies
1 Dog: Huckleberry aka "Stickly Bear"
1 Cat: Kitty aka "Love Muffin"
1 Wolf Spider: JuJuBe "RIP"
1 Betta: Caeser aka "King of the 10 gal kingdom"down graded to 5 gal Kingdom lol
1 Snail: Eddy aka "Goes slow-a-lot"
1 100 gal pond to come....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Part of the Pack

That is not good.

Pets are always your friend no matter what.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

That is terrible! How can you include 70 dogs? I don't think that sounds legal.
I wish I could by the place and make those 70 breeding dogs into 70 spayed or neutered house dogs!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Adolescent Pup

While looking on the net i found that this century21 listing is getting a lot heat. A lot of people have been sending letter and contacting people who can help. The link stopped working for me....does it still work for you guys...Btw I emailed a few reporters as well...We Should all write letters to century21 about how wrong this is!

Hot cup of Joe

My babies
1 Dog: Huckleberry aka "Stickly Bear"
1 Cat: Kitty aka "Love Muffin"
1 Wolf Spider: JuJuBe "RIP"
1 Betta: Caeser aka "King of the 10 gal kingdom"down graded to 5 gal Kingdom lol
1 Snail: Eddy aka "Goes slow-a-lot"
1 100 gal pond to come....

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I wrote an e-mail. Here are some screen shots of the page if they take it down:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/pup_mill.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../pup_mill2.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../pup_mill3.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../pup_mill4.jpg

[edit] Looks like they took it down, but that doesn't mean they're not going to sell it. They are just being sneaky! For shame!

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

Last edited by marmilla; 04-26-2008 at 05:32 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Adolescent Pup

Yea the link doesnt work for me either. This is just plain wrong!

Mister Go Figure -four year old bay 17hh tb gelding
Margarita, Nyla, & Felix - 3 year old domestic short hair cat, grey kitten
Bunni Bunni - won at a fair albino bunny
Bud - (yellow/green)3 year old parakeet

Dash & Beanie - beige hooded & agouti hooded rats
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Playful Pup

That breeding facility doesn't look quite as bad as some that I've seen. But still keeping dogs in that manner is just wrong. An animal shouldn't spend it's entire life caged, doing nothing but producing babies. It's not much of a life.

Tags
humane society