Company Recalls 60 Million Cans Of Pet Food - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exclamation Company Recalls 60 Million Cans Of Pet Food

Check out the link which has the list so that your pets will be safe..

Menu Foods supplies store brands to Wal-Mart, Safeway, Stater Bros, Kroger, PetSmart and other retailers. The recall covers its "cuts and gravy-style" food sold between early December and March. The food comes in cans and small foil pouches. It consists of chunks of meat in gravy.

Company Recalls 60 Million Cans Of Pet Food - KNBC-TV - MSNBC.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

hope everyone got a chance to look at this !!!!

I hope all your pets are ok!
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 05:32 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I saw this on the news this morning.

I don't feed any of those brands, thankfully.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

yeah neither do i ....i hope no one here has any trouble. That would be sad.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i feel bad for the owner of menu foods, it sounds like he doesnt know whats causing it..

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

yeah thats pretty bad too! Im sure they wish this wasnt happening for many reasons mainly cuz the animals could be sickened or die.

Lve Never Fails

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Oily Chickenspew

eeek! this is scary...glad i don't have to worry bout it....hope everyone on here doesn't have any probs!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I sometimes give Molly and Logan the Nutro Natural Choice pouches as a treat! This is so scary!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm still trying to sort this out, and I'm frustrated. My cats used to get Nutro Natural Choice Pouches only as a treat. However, because the vet said Sprout's urine was too concentrated she needed to get more water, and to give her way more pouch food and to mix water into it.

So, they've been getting the Nutro Natural Weight Management with water mixed in.

The dates are about impossible to read, but the some of my UPC symbols match. I'm very worried, but not in a panic - yet. Sprout diagnosed with abnormal kidneys when she was about 8 months old; so something causing kidney failure - this is the last thing I want for either kitty.

They will get no more cat food, and I'll be in contact with my vet to see if they need checkups or anything.

Please keep my girls in your thoughts.

Edited to add: from what I can decipher from the remaining packages I have on hand, the dates from the pouches I was giving the girls don't seem to match - they have a September 08 date. I bought 24 of the December 08 pouches though, OMG, but luckily I hadn't started using them yet. I hope nothing turns up for the Sept. 08 packages. I'm not using any of it anymore for a while though. I can't believe how hard some of these dates are to read though - bad, bad packaging.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by millie121; 03-17-2007 at 10:43 PM.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

we don't give our lil monsters any wet food or anything since they upset tiggers stomach and she gets sick right after eatting them. Then she tried to go back and eat more. We decided not o risk it and we are sticking to hard food which doesn't affect her stomach. We only gave the wet or pouch food as treats anyways but what kind of treat is it if it makes one get sick. so since we don't give they lil ones the wet food we are safe from this recall thankfully

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Denise your pets are ok arent they?
When was the last time u gave them some Nutro as a treat?
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature
Denise your pets are ok arent they?
When was the last time u gave them some Nutro as a treat?

YES - please keep everyone updated. I'm so worried about everyone out there, on this forum and otherwise. We try to do well by our pets and something bad like this comes along every now and then. It's very scary!

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Heres an article from 2 hours ago, Sunday.

Pet food recall has animal owners frantic - Pet Health - MSNBC.com
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I feed Nutro wet to the dogs and to Layla (family cat). Let me go check. It's only the "cuts and gravy" ones?

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie121
Edited to add: from what I can decipher from the remaining packages I have on hand, the dates from the pouches I was giving the girls don't seem to match - they have a September 08 date. I bought 24 of the December 08 pouches though, OMG, but luckily I hadn't started using them yet. I hope nothing turns up for the Sept. 08 packages. I'm not using any of it anymore for a while though. I can't believe how hard some of these dates are to read though - bad, bad packaging.
If I were you I would see if you can send those packages in and get a refund, or an exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
I feed Nutro wet to the dogs and to Layla (family cat). Let me go check. It's only the "cuts and gravy" ones?
It seems that way.

Cats

Smokey, Bandit, Ike, Tina, Ella & Mac

New pet forum, please come and visit, we are looking for more members!
http://petslove4ever.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Tags
cat food, chicken soup, dry food, nutro natural choice, pet food, pet food recall, pet foods, pet owner, veterinary medicine, wet food