do you have trouble killing bugs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

do you have trouble killing bugs

I cannot will not and do not kill bugs
i think i am wierd
every time a bug gets in my house i scoop it up and put it back outside

this included a wolf spider with babies on her back and a scorpion. does any one else here have this crazy feddish

plush when my huband smashes one in front of me i get depressed instantly. I expext him to scoop them up and let them free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I don't kill bugs either when I'm inside.

*Missy*
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 01:48 AM
RAT ADDICT

I will not kill anything.I love spiders and bugs and things like that.Ever since I was a kid,I collected bugs and spiders and even had a red ant nest!

When there is a spider or bug in my house,I either leave it alone or take it outside.That all depends on the weather.I normally let the spiders stay,as they eat the annoying flies.

The ONLY things I kill are fleas and mites/lice (if I have them),as they harm my pets.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Yea I would kill lice. Sometimes my kitties would get them.

*Missy*
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

I don't kill bugs.I feed crickets & mealies to my turtles from time to time though...but in general,I won't kill bugs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 02:06 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I will kill fleas but feel horrible!! But other than that I will not kill anything, either let it out or let be, most times I let them out but in winter, they stay in till warmer temps...

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I can't kill bugs and get really upset if I accidently do so!

I have to get rid of fleas when my cat has them but I class that as ok because it's better than letting him suffer!!

Time Spent With Pets Is Never Wasted!

MONTY

MOLLIE

.....BOB

COMET, PLUTO & SANTOS
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Title Thief Victim

I will not kill bugs as well, I feel horible and I will yell at my dad if he does. But I do kill fleas...and quite honestly...i dont feel bad..i hate them soo much.

but other than that..nope...I found a werid bug on my pillow and i just put it in my extra hermit crab tank. lol he likes it

Ohh and I have a pet Cricket. his name is jimmeny, he fell from my gecko tank and into my hermit crab tank..but hes been there for 2 months, and hasnt left lol and it dont have a top so he likes it.

Carissasaurus Rex

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

see im not crazy aafter all
you know everyone i know thinks im wierd because of this
I even go as far as to stop other people from smashing bugs
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Will It Ever Change?

lol oh yuck man. im generally okay with bugs, but NOT when they sneak up on me. and if its in my house, it must go

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Oily Chickenspew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
lol oh yuck man. im generally okay with bugs, but NOT when they sneak up on me. and if its in my house, it must go

i don't do good w/bugs that can harm me or sneak up on me. I have a severe phobia of spiders so i make boyfriend or who ever's around take care of them
but i do just open windows/doors when it's not a spider and i can shoo it out

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I live in the desert and we have lotz of spiders...ick...especially black widows. We have scorpions too...If a scorpion is in my house we will catch it and take it far, far, far, far, far away from the house to let it go. If its a black widow in my house, im sorry but i gotta squish it. I dont want them breeding in my home. I know they are already around outside my home and that is where they belong. No black widows, if i can help it, in my house.
I dont have a problem swatting flies either. As far as fleas go we dont ever have a problem with them. Dont even see them actually. Here where i am the air is too dry. They prefer more humid conditions.

Lve Never Fails

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

im sorry but i really really dont like bugs, most of the time if there outside i will try to move away from them or shoo them away, but if there in my house, i usually kill them, i used to try to catch them and put them outside, but if theres nothing to catch them in, i have to kill them.. cuz if i lose site of them i wont be able to sleep that night.. when we were little my asshole dad told us we had to wash our faces at night or the bugs will crawl in our mouths! so yeah.. now im afraid of bugs crawling on me while i sleep.. and spiders, if there like a daddy long leggs or something, i'll try to leave them be, but most spiders here i kill, cuz we have black widows, and fiddlebacks, and there bites are nasty..

My Furry Family
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i totally get you there Sarah. I am okay with the daddy longlegs too...just not the black widows. I know also how you feel when you say you wont be able to sleep at night if you dont get it. If im trying to get one and it gets away...eek..im afraid its gonna come back to try and get me at night!!

Lve Never Fails

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

hey sounds like arizona we have tons of black widows here and yes i do kill those because i have little kids who might play with one and get bit

I have been known to let one live for a while without taking action before i had kids.

they are not very aggressive they just have lots and lots and lots of babies.
I think their pretty cool but i don't want them to bit emy kids so they must be TERMINATED

lol

Tags
hermit crab