Here is a story about a horrible injury a dog sustained from a toy made by Four Paws, Inc.
Chai the lab mix was playing with a ball that had a bell inside. There is one hole in the ball and when Chai bit down and released, a vacuum was created, sucking his tongue inside. His tongue swelled up and the ball had to be cut away and removed. After several days in severe pain, Chai had his tongue completely amputated.
Four Paws, Inc. has pretty much refused to publicly acknowledge this problem. They have not recalled the toy or even posted any warnings about it. Chai survived, but after posting his story his owner received responses from other people whose pets had also been injured by the ball! In 2005, one lab mix, Cole, died as a result of the injuries caused by the ball. Four Paws, Inc. was alerted to the problem at that time
, and 3 years later dogs are still being injured by the product.
Here is a link to the full story, it's a series of blog posts. The original story is at the bottom, with updates above it on the page.
The Chai Story