GAAAA i HATE Northern Ireland! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

GAAAA i HATE Northern Ireland!

Ok, i don't know if i have wrote about this before but my next door neighbours are total ***holes! they have done things to me and my family for years now and thats not the whole story for at least 3 years they keep getting dogs after dogs and they are being abused day in and day out! They are so underweight that their backends are dropping out, for 3 years i have tried to get something done for them but nothing ever HAPPENS! So within the last year they have had about 4 dogs 1 of which has died and they dragged its body up my side street and put it in the bin like WTF? Then they get a Japanise akita pup all they do is BEAT it with sticks, metal poles and anything else thats on hand. The dogs DO NOT get inside the house they sleep under a trampoline in the backgarden in all there is 3 dogs, a german shepard which they have had for years a bullmastiff and that new akita pup. Me and my family have called the police the animal welfare and everything and we get the same resonse "We are going to investigate your allegations" and they do NOTHING! the bullmastiff is so skinny that it just lies down everyday the guy comes out with 3 dishes of BREAD and they gobble it down like its heaven, then if the dogs jump up he punches, kicks and spitts on them, these people are not NORMAL they are EVIL! so last week he went into the garden and BEAT the H*LL out of the bullmastiff the screams were heartbreaking i just sat and cried. I DO NOT open my windows anymore because of this. So i decided to contact the head DOG WARDEN ( Dog welfare ) through email and this is what i got back from them..
"
Thank you for your recent E Mail in which you outlined issues of alleged cruelty to dogs living at 16B Upper Mervue Street, Belfast.

Councils within Northern Ireland are not empowered to deal with cruelty or welfare issues relating to dogs as the legislation relating to these two issues is enforced by the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI). These issues (when reported) are also investigated by the Ulster Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (USPCA) who often acts alongside the PSNI or on their behalf.

Earlier today I spoke with Mr Philip Burns (a USPCA Inspector) and passed the details of your complaint to him in order that he can initiate an investigation into the alleged maltreatment of the dogs. I have also provided him with your E mail address in order that he can contact you once he has carried out his investigation.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on 02890 270431 Ext 5405

Glenn Thomas

"
IM SO ANGRY !!! I CANNOT EXPLAIN MY THOUGHTS!!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

That sounds awful
I can't believe no one is doing anything about it, those dogs need help!
You must me in so much heart ache, bless ya!
I couldn't bare being their, I feel so sorry for you
I hope your okay, PM me if you need to talk!
I hope something gets done.
Lots of love, good luck and stay strong while this is happening, it must be a hard thing to be going through and seeing day in, day out
Luv ya xxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks hun, Its just so hard sitting back not being able to help these dogs because if i take actions into my own hands i might get in trouble ! What else can i do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i'm sorry hun. in iowa we have very weak animal laws that its even legal to kill your pets as long as they are yours... animal control does the best they can with what they have but its not much...

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

I know you can't take matters into your own hands, but when the owners are out, you could slip them some water and dog food?
They certainly need it, but It's a bit risky..
I'm not sure what else you can do, you have tried everyone by the sounds of things.
Maybe if you phone the police and make a complaint about the amount of noise they make and they see what conditions they are in than they can take it further or pass the case onto animal welfare?
I really don't know, but I hope the dogs get help soon!
In our area people have been told off by animal services just because their dogs bark all through the night.
Luvs ya
xxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

We give them food all the time, but once my mom got caught by the guy next door and he laughed and said you do that again and i will call the police and say you are trying to poison my dogs! Its so frustrating!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

hmm... you could call the cops when you see him going to hurt the dogs and say that you heard someone screaming like mad from next door... you don't have to mention its a dog. You didn't know... and when they come and if the dog is still screaming... they have to do something!

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

ever tried video taping it? My grandparents neighbors were severly abusing their dogs so my pop, who was tired of the run around when he would call and report it, got out the camcorder and got him on video, he then took a copy to the police and to the local news...funny how quick the cops got on it when they learned the news was running with the story...

I am so sorry you have to live with the constant worry and hurt, people like that are just not human, I will never be able to understand any cruelty situations...ever...its just a shame that no one seems to be listening...I am just so sorry

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Video tapeing it is a good idea!
Wish I thought of that!
Also, if their are more than one person making a complaint, it's bound to get some more attention to the case. Tell your friends and others in the neighborhood and make them aware of it and show them, I'm sure you'll have more people on your side and making a call or two for you. Maybe than people will see just how bad the situation is!
Luv ya hun and good luck!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Betta Bomb

people make me angry

im sooo sorry for you, it must be hard living that close to such horror!! i like the camcorder idea. even if your camera has a movie feature. something must be done!! even if its that the dogs are taken and if un adoptable(which i would imagine they are since they may have no ounce of trust left for humans) are humanely euthanized??

I feel for you, and hope the police act in a good way and save these poor creatures! maybe get a petition going around the neighborhood to have the case looked at?? or even get a picture and make flyers to post around so all is aware and maybe they'll shame themselves into change?
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

That is awful! I don't understand people at all. I hope that you can get a good video of it without them knowing. And if the authorities won't help going to the news (if they are like the US news) should bring it to light.

I also like the idea of calling the cops when it's happening and saying that you hear screaming. I called the cops one night because my neighbors dogs were barking like mad and they weren't doing anything about it. I just told the police I was concerned because the dogs were barking so badly I was worried something was wrong.

Of course those neighbors are idiots and have "traded in" one of their two dogs for a "tester" dog. People are morons.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

One of the dogs has now died! GAHHH!
And still noone is doing anything i have been phoning everyone for the last 3 weeks!. Im to angry to type right now.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 11:58 AM
RAT ADDICT

Ugh! How disturbing!
I can't believe nothing is being done!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 02:20 PM
I am allergic to maths

I know this is a bit old but I had to comment. It must be so frustrating to live next to these people, evil people like that should be locked up, I like the idea of calling when its happening, you dont have to tell them its an animal. You can demand they come over, and when they arrive you need to be with them so even if they try and deny it you can ask the police to check on the dogs, say you have been trying to contact them for some time now and they may had aswell check while they are there. Awww hun, I am so sorry this is happening, keep us posted and know we are here if you need to talk