glue traps - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
RAT ADDICT

I found bleach hardly worked anyway.
When I first started having mouse problems,I scrubbed down all of the areas I found droppings or signs of wild mice with bleach.It only seemed to keep them away for a day or two and then they would just come back.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

As it turns out, probably while we sleep, mice are climbing up onto the windowsill via our roman blinds. So I will be bleaching that for sanitation purposes.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Mouse Obsessor

Did you mention getting a cat to help with the mouse problem?
I would recommend against that. Not only will you possibly see little balls of guts laying around (cats do not like the lower organs it seems), and hear the cat crunching up the skull (eww). But also you run the risk of your cat getting a disease or worms or something like that.
I know, I have had many cats who thought a "mouse organ ball" was a good gift to give me. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Pets:

1 Rat: (Ace)
1 RC Hamster: (Hannibal)
3 Cats: (Tao, Drew, Jak-ke)
2 Ferrets: (Fisher, Georgie)
1 Betta: (Maxwell) + (5 Platies and 1 Molly)
Rest in peace all my little Mice: Tempo, Aaron, Tatiana, Pei, Shi, Orange, Spotty, Lee Hyun, Key, Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Hero...
And my past Dookers: Lulu (my heart), Frodo (my old man), MoneyPennies (the first one), ect...
Aswell as all my lost Cats (my beloved Haru, ect..) and Bettas (Stahl the creepy one, ect..)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

lol, well it's not my house. If anyone gets a cat it will be the landlord. He has mentioned bringing it for its shots and de worming somethings. I thought of that possibility when he let the street cat Eve in. You're right, I do not want to hear bones breaking and stuff blek!!
When we were kids our cat Dusti used to get into or was given pinkie and baby mice (I cannot remember details)... All I remember was seeing the bottom halves of baby mice left on the floor. PUKE.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Mouse Obsessor

lol
Yeah, I do not know why cats hate the bottom half.

My Pets:

1 Rat: (Ace)
1 RC Hamster: (Hannibal)
3 Cats: (Tao, Drew, Jak-ke)
2 Ferrets: (Fisher, Georgie)
1 Betta: (Maxwell) + (5 Platies and 1 Molly)
Rest in peace all my little Mice: Tempo, Aaron, Tatiana, Pei, Shi, Orange, Spotty, Lee Hyun, Key, Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Hero...
And my past Dookers: Lulu (my heart), Frodo (my old man), MoneyPennies (the first one), ect...
Aswell as all my lost Cats (my beloved Haru, ect..) and Bettas (Stahl the creepy one, ect..)