Has anyone ever seen this? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
the rodent lover<3

Has anyone ever seen this?

Has anyone ever seen www.petsmartcruelty.com ?

If you check it out.. these pictures are GRAPHIC and so is the videos.

It's horrible how low petstores would go just to get a buck. The least they can do is take care of them.
I hate the fact that I don't have a choice but to go to petsmart, since that's the only pet store around me. And the animals need food.

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Hello Earthling

There is a few threads with similar information.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 02:13 PM
is a little "special"

Its really sad, and I dont doubt that there are animals suffering in petshops, but keep in mind that thats a PETA run website, and they tend to overly exagerate and blow things up.
The Petsmart by me is acually pretty good, but I dont animals from them, other than maybe a hermit crab or something. My pigger Sunny was originally bought from a Petsmart (I adopted her at the shelter) and shes really shy, so I kinda wonder if she was from the Rainbow-whatever people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

It's not just sad it's sick. I have nothing else to say

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

So horrible to see, good thing there are many organizations continuously fighting to stop animal cruelties and puppy mills.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 12:37 AM

I don't put a lot of stock in anything PETA claims. They have a tendency to over exaggerate and outright lie in certain cases to further their agenda.

Honestly I don't think it's the chains that are the problem. There are chains and privately owned pet shops all over the world where pets are being starved and mistreated and there are some that truly care for their animals. I believe that it's the owners and managers who are in charge, and should be held responsible in the case of negligence, they should set the standard for their employee's.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I have to say that in those pictures they say like "the excessive bird waste caked on the back of this cage" for birds, at the pet store i'm at the bird cages are scrubbed twice a week, and the day before we do it, there is more than that. So that is in no way an indication of poor caring if you don't know how often they clean. Same thing for the bowl of parrot water with feathers and food in it. We change the water every day, and it is absolutely disgusting every day. Birds LOVE to poop in their water, spill their food in it, spill their water everyday.

I'm not saying they're getting amazing care, but this website is obviously exagerated.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 06:48 PM

wow i never new that pet stores were so mean.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-woodmor View Post
wow i never new that pet stores were so mean.
I don't doubt that there is petsmart cruelty out there but peta exaggerates everything. i wish i was old enough to work at a pet store...that would be awesome!!

not petkrazy though

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
I don't doubt that there is petsmart cruelty out there but peta exaggerates everything. i wish i was old enough to work at a pet store...that would be awesome!!

not petkrazy though

i haven't been to petkrazy in FOREVER. not sense you left.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

its so gross i wish they would clean it up a bit!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:20 PM

i know it really is. i wouldn't want to work at petkrazy because those weird people work there and i would have to work with them.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

yea there was only one nice lady adn she was weird too

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:33 PM

i hope no one that works at pet krazy has one of these.

i would love to work at a pet store so i could help the animals if other people are treating them badly.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I tried at mine, but the problem is, the big boss makes all the decisions because usually proper care means using things and time that costs more money.

I tried SO HARD to make them use aspen instead of pine for the rodents. But since they're able to get bigger bags of pine that end up being less money, they don't care that the rats are getting sick. Some of them even have patches of hair missing. The mice too.