Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

How dumb is this...

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  candyraver 
#1 ·
Chimpanzes are legal in Alaska...

But not sugar gliders, raccoons or rats??? (neither of which could survive the FREEZING winters)

urrgh!

#3 ·
Hillarious said:
Chimpanzes are legal in Alaska...

But not sugar gliders, raccoons or rats??? (neither of which could survive the FREEZING winters)

urrgh!
Thats stupid...chimps shouldn't be kept as pets...period!

I don't think rats are illegal in Alaska.I know a girl there who has 3 pet rats and she says the pet stores around her always have rats!

I see you are from there...you sure they are illegal?

Rats are illegal in Alberta.

#5 ·
Rats are illegal in Anchorage (biggest city, where I am) and many other cities. Only place I have seen them is about 50 miles out of town, and there you are only allowed to sell albinos. They aren't illegal everywhere, which is even more stupid.

Where does your friend live?

#7 ·
Hillarious said:
Rats are illegal in Anchorage (biggest city, where I am) and many other cities. Only place I have seen them is about 50 miles out of town, and there you are only allowed to sell albinos. They aren't illegal everywhere, which is even more stupid.

Where does your friend live?
She lives in Juneau...I think I spelled that right.Hope so...:confused: She has a dumbo and a himalayan standard and a hooded standard.

#11 ·
candyraver said:
Outlaw snakes? Because they eat smaller crtters?
I'm vegetarian myself,but snakes have to eat too.
I agree.Snakes need to eat too.I am not against feeder rats and mice,as long as they are taken care of before they are used as food.

I am against live feeding though....as that can be both dangerous and cruel for the snake AND the rat/mouse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.