Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

If you know him, turn him in

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Purple-Hops 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow, too bad I don't believe in a god. If I did it would be the best d**m animal/human vengeance god. This video really depressed me, I was faced with a similar situation once walking my dog through a park. Some old hag couldn't control her barking crazy dog who wanted to meet Coco and she just kept smacking him, I F.r.e.a.k.e.d out at her! I'm not usually a confrontational person but jeez, learn to train your dog.
This buddy looks like he is just annoyed at having to walk his dog in the rain, but another thing- whose filming?

#4 ·
It's sad to see this. I can't help but think that this is how he was and probably is still treated by the people he has in his life.

I'm not sure how I would have reacted to seeing this unfold before me. I only know that many people will not often attempt to help. When I was 17 I was in DC waiting outside the IRS building for a commuter bus to go home with a women sitting with her purse and a box of her things (I assume she was out of a job) along with some other men. A city bus stopped suddenly not to far from us and kicked off a man who was throwing stuff at the driver as the bus moved on. He moved up to the woman and grabbed her purse handle tugging and claimed that it was his. We all just stood there as she struggled to keep her belongings. My only thought was to hold my backpack tight as I realized that could have easily been me. A security guard finally got the situation under control.

I would like to think that should I ever be in a similar situation that I would have more courage to stand up for another. Thankfully, the witness did something more than just watch and has something to turn over to police to identify the individual.

#7 ·
Released without charge?!! I hate hate hate the judicial system. Also, I want to know why he turned himself in, who filmed the video (relation to buddy), how the RSPCA is handling the case, and why the **** was he released without charge?!! He was clearly condoning violence in his rough display with the dog which lead to his own realisation therefore turning himself in. Uff. Infuriating. Here I thought UK was tough on animal abusers.

#10 ·
I know this is an older thread,but thought I would add to it since it was bumped up anyway.

That is troubling to watch and from the body language of the poor dog,it tells me this was not the first time he was abused. Also sadly when it comes to animal abuse,the system gives abusers a slap on the wrist. I know people in prison doing lengthy time for drugs or petty theft who are punished more severely then someone who beats a dog.

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.