Major Wolf Hunt - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Angry Major Wolf Hunt

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/...s/wolf_hunting

This is so sad and disguting. The reasoning for it is whats the worst. They are afraid they will lose money from hunting.

I think there is a petition somewhere. I will try to find it.

ETA: FOUND IT! Please take time to sign.

http://action.defenders.org/site/Pag...e=act_homepage

Last edited by Ambieruns10; 01-12-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

people can be so cruel

Lve Never Fails

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Yes they can.

Its funny, you seem to be the only other person here who cares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

im sure its not that...i didnt look a this thread for a while til i got the courage...i knew it would be sad cuz people can do horrible things when it comes to money. Im sure others care.

Lve Never Fails

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Lots of people care. It is very sad, re-introducing wolves has been a long process. There are plenty of people, however, who would still be glad to see any and all wolves, or in my area coyotes killed on sight because they feel their livestock is in jeopardy. So it's always going to be difficult to balance.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I care but missed this thread due to being sick all week. I've done a lot of research and many reports dating back to 6th grade on the initial extermination and reintroduction of wolves to the western states, including Yellowstone. It's heartbreaking to see what they went through first. The Idaho gov. is nothing but an arrogant, money-hungry fool (insert stronger word here). He doesn't care about the balance the wolves bring to the area. He worries more about the money he may lose because they have to eat and are killing their intended prey instead of livestock (some still do, but most have adjusted). The wolves have been living there fine with very little problem for years and now he decides I want to hunt. It doesn't really say much about how they are going to get down to 10 packs...just hunting and possibly other lethal measures. Hopefully this does not mean what it meant over a decade ago. I hope they are able to stop it before the next 2 weeks are up.

My Babies ~ Shadow ~ Millie ~ Buster ~ Milo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Sorry I wasn't on at all yesterday--I compete with four other people for the computer. It sounds to me like this is more the governors personal interest as opposed to a concern for the state. I understand hunting in moderation--I know here in Michigan it helps to keep the deer population down and helps prevent starvation and disease. I know the populations are two totally different numbers just an example. I went to do the action and my computer poped up a message that the site had some insecure features and I want to know where my info is going before I fill it out. Thanks for posting this and keeping us informed!!

Sadie,Jewel,and Zucco
Minnie
Sweetheart

Plus a proud foster momma to Momma and Mable

Proud foster mom to Naomi
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
RAT ADDICT

I really dunno what to say,except some people should be exterminated.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 10:19 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat

I really dunno what to say,except some people should be exterminated.
I agree

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Adolescent Pup

Thats horrible.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Part of the Pack

I care!!

Cats

Smokey, Bandit, Ike, Tina, Ella & Mac

New pet forum, please come and visit, we are looking for more members!
http://petslove4ever.myfreeforum.org/index.php

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

hunters

Lve Never Fails

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Playful Pup

I have signed so many petitions and adopted so many wolves, but things don't seem to be getting better >.<

Unfortunaty, people are too ignorant to understand the importance of wolves on this Earth and think that killing them will solve solutions. When in reality, killing them will only result in incresed population of coyotes, deers, and other prey.

I have a website that I made if any of you want to sign my guestbook and support me. There are news articles about wolves there too.

wolf-whisper305.tripod.com

*cries* They were put on this planet first. WE should be the ones respecting THEM! Not killing them for our own entertainment! *growls*

Birthday is March 5! Monday >w<

Our time here on Earth is spent trying to figure out our purpose in life and living it to itís fullest. Well, dogs already know how to do thatÖso they donít have to stay as long

Vet Tech to be
17 years old
Owner of: One dog and a Fish
I love wolves, I want to work with them as a Vet Tech. I have two wolves that I have adopted, Amani and Luna.

The wolf pup in my avatar was hand drawn and colored by myself. Please do not use her for any other purposes. If you would like me to draw something for you, or use her, you must ask first. Thank you. (She is copyrighted in various websites)
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Things were getting better. There are a lot of wild packs in the west now where there were none! it's one idiot who is trying to ruin it all. All he cares about is the money he will lose from hunting but he hasn't lost much in the last decade so i don't see why it matters now. I think he just wants to kill a wolf himself. This is a personal matter....not anything against the wolves. It's one person taking things into his own hands because he doesn't like the wolves being there. You barely hear anything from the farmers out that way anymore.

My Babies ~ Shadow ~ Millie ~ Buster ~ Milo

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I care but didn't reply because I've already seen this and have been against it forever. Honestly, I don't think it's fair to wait an hour and then say everyone who didn't reply doesn't care because I guarantee almost everyone on this forum does.

Anyways, I think it's awful. I've signed petitions but don't feel online ones help much so I prefer to write letters.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."