Marine seems to hurl puppy off cliff in video - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animal Welfare & Legal Issues Post articles, news alerts, and anything else pertaining to animal welfare. Legal issues and obligations regarding our pets such as renter's rights/responsibilities, vaccination laws, animal bans, etc. are also appropriate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Marine seems to hurl puppy off cliff in video

This is very disturbing

Marine Seems to throw puppy off cliff

This is one of the most terribly, heart stabbing things I have ever seen.
This person and the people with him should be punished for that. Even if the puppy was dead, like some say - they should still be punished - its just something you don't do and to be laughing about it. . . .

Some people should be punished for things they do - but if this person/people gets away with this. . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

that made me sick to my stomach watching that. How could anyone do something like that and have the balls to laugh. They need to get their heads examined.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

You really don't want to know my thoughts right now! I think I'd get banned just for expressing them. Not to go against you, but you know, sometimes it's better to just not see/share those kinds of videos...they bring way too much hurt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/throwpuppy.asp

Looks like the USMC is indeed looking into it, as they should be.

Stephanie

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think I'm even going to watch it...

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I just heard about it from a friend of mine and I won't watch it!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Curmudgeon

It's amazing how one or two can tarnish the image of so many....

I hope the USMC takes this seriously.

bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Newborn Pup

That's terrible. I can only hope that the video was faked. Why on earth would anyone ever want to, or have to heart to do such a thing?

Still, faking it isn't much better...

I love all my little darlings!

- Smokey! Male, 4 yrs.

- Grunge! Female, 2 yrs.

- Chip! Male, 2 yrs.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

If it turns out to be real that is just so horrific and they will not get away with it.

If it is fake it still is so terrible. Just someone having that kind of thought in their sick head and thinking it is somehow a joke and then to go post it is just sickening to know there are people like that out there.

Lve Never Fails

Last edited by luvnature; 03-04-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 05:30 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

OMG i hope that aint real. What absolute *&^%$££ if they did do that. What is wrong with people today? Hurting animals isn't big and it isn't clever it just makes you look a moron!! I wanna grab him by his man bits and throw him off that cliff :@

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Earlier Tuesday, the base's public affairs director issued a statement denouncing the vignette.
"The video is shocking and deplorable and is contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine," said Major Chris Perrine. "This video came to our attention this morning, and we have initiated an investigation. We do not tolerate this type of behavior and will take appropriate action."
Quote:
Perrine said it appears that the man in the video is a lance corporal based with a unit in the Hawaiian islands. His actions weren't characteristic of those of most men and women who serve, the spokesman said.
"The vast majority of Marines conduct their duties in an honorable manner that brings great credit upon the Marine Corps and the United States," said Perrine. "There have been numerous stories of Marines adopting pets and bringing them home from Iraq or helping to arrange life-saving medical care for Iraqi children.
"Those are the stories that exemplify what we stand for and how most Marines behave."
Quote:
"Certainly there's a lot of outrage and a lot of people are upset about it. I think every Marine is upset about this video," Perrine said. “We will investigate and take appropriate action and make sure our Marine is safe as well.
"That is mistreatment of a puppy. That is a violation of anybody's standards, and the Marine Corps sets extremely high standards."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334709,00.html

I have no doubt the Marine Corps will take appropriate action here. Just like any group, there are always bad apples. I hope they check the LCpl out for combat related stress, too.

Stephanie

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

the video was removed from there...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

i'm not even gunna watch it because i get real upset watching videos like that i bet they would'nt treat there own kids like that so why do it to a helpless animal

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Playful Pup

Definitely check them for combat related stress. People do unexpected things after having to fight for things they shouldn't be fighting for. PTS is on the rise and will continue to be.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 PM
can't think of one, help

I saw it and whether or not it was real or faked the marines present in the video need A LOT of help. They need to be dishonerably discharged and get help. Irregardless, we do not need the likes of them representing us.