Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Marsupial laws in BC Canada

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  friendswithlove 
#1 ·
I know there are a few members in BC who have or have had sugar gliders. I also know that the laws change every year re: pet stores carrying marsupials. Most never will carry them anyways, they just don't want to, they do not sell well from pet stores anyways, when there are breeders out there who know more about them. The other day, I was in a pet store in Victoria, and they had sugar gliders, I just about fell over when I saw them, I mean they could be confiscated and destroyed if they are found there.
Soooo, I started asking around, and one person told me that as of this year, it is illegal for anyone to buy a marsupial in BC. If you owned them prior to this year, everything is fine, but no purchasing them. Does anyone know if this is true. I have no desire to get a sugar glider, but I do know of a few good breeders who seem to have left the hobby, so I am wondering if that is why??

#2 ·
I haven't heard anything about a marsupial ban as of yet and i own gliders. I know they are trying for a sweeping ban of most all animals that are not dogs or cats but i think there will be great resistance (I hope)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.